RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Kingmaker Review - Page 7 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Kingmaker Review

Default RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Kingmaker Review

February 8th, 2019, 10:41
The only thing I dislike about all the patches is that GOG Galaxy is terrible at patching. It slows the computer down to a crawl even during the actual download process, instead of just during the patching, which differs from the likes of Steam, Battle.net, Origins etc.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 8th, 2019, 10:48
Yep some things I hate about GOG patches.
  1. Patch numbering system
  2. They usually patch a day later then Steam
  3. Installation of the patches & DLC slows down pc
  4. Having to download the whole game again if its a large patch
--
“Let it be said the Court of Public Opinion is all About Mob Justice not Law & Order"
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 8th, 2019 at 16:21.

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)

February 8th, 2019, 16:15
Yup, that's a huge reason why I put this game on hold back in October, the constant patches made it difficult to play when I wanted to play. Once all the patches are in and sorted, then I'll be back to finally complete this one, the additional problem seems to be that when more content is released, the whole mega-patch cycle seems to start all over again.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

February 8th, 2019, 16:29
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yep some things I hate about GOG patches.
  1. Patch numbering system
  2. They usually patch a day later then Steam
  3. Installation of the patches & DLC slows down pc
  4. Having to download the whole game again if its a large patch
1. Absolutely agree, it's horror
2. Publisher/developer is IMO to blame for this, not GOG
3. Buy i9! Kidding. They definetly need to optimize the process better.
4. I didn't have a case like this, but if true, it's a disaster
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)

February 8th, 2019, 16:34
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
4. I didn't have a case like this, but if true, it's a disaster
Only happen's when a game gets a major patch update. These small hot-fixes are not a problem as it was the 1.1 and 1.2 patches when my whole game was re-downloaded.
--
“Let it be said the Court of Public Opinion is all About Mob Justice not Law & Order"

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

February 18th, 2019, 16:13
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Backer Rewards — Signed Premium Collector's Edition

loading…
We are glad to show off the Signed Premium Collector's Edition of "Pathfinder: Kingmaker", available to all backers who supported us on Kickstarter at the appropriate level! Hope you like it as much as we do!
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Update #65 - Physical Rewards
First things first: we are finally reaching the end of our shipping campaign! This week we've shipped the last batch of regular boxed editions - around 200 copies. As for Collector's editions, there are about 300 of those left. Our estimate is that 99% of all physical rewards should arrive to their rightful owners in about a month, with the majority arriving in two weeks. If you suddenly realized that you had purchased a regular or Collector's boxed edition and forgot to give us your address - no worries, we'll send you your stuff! More on that later.

We are deeply sorry that it took us so long to deliver your physical rewards. Even though we knew that manufacturing and international shipping are quite complicated affairs and did our best to plan accordingly, we were unable to anticipate some of the pitfalls, and as a game developer, we didn't have a person on board who had the necessary experience to warn us in advance.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

February 18th, 2019, 16:41
Totally makes me remember my creed about never pledging an amount that would purchase physical media items. Shipping today is just so wonky, unless you are fully ingrained into the process, like Amazon, Target, etc. Must be a huge chore for private citizens to complete.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 18th, 2019, 17:05
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Totally makes me remember my creed about never pledging an amount that would purchase physical media items. Shipping today is just so wonky, unless you are fully ingrained into the process, like Amazon, Target, etc. Must be a huge chore for private citizens to complete.
I remember following Obsidian for PoE and PoE2 and they explained how it's a pain in the ass. You have to order so many copies and pick a certain date or miss out.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

February 18th, 2019, 21:18
Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me, one that I shall continue to avoid!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 18th, 2019, 21:20
Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me, one that I shall continue to avoid!
That's why a publisher helping with distribution is necessary.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

March 20th, 2019, 13:46
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Arcane Unleashed Free DLC Available - Steam

loading…
An arcane scroll merchant will appear in your capital. The quantity and caster level of available scrolls depends on how high your "Arcane" kingdom stat is.
Furthermore, if you like turning into giant dragons as much as we do, you'll definitely enjoy the fresh, improved models for chromatic and metallic types of these formidable creatures.

Finally, on a more serious note, the last part of this DLC is a new pet. One of our players and our friend, known to the community as Stratagemini, lost his beloved cat Tiger just weeks before the launch of our game. Stratagemini has been with us since the earliest days of development, supporting us every step of the way, providing extensive and enlightening feedback in the alpha, and helping to shape this community into what it is today. As a token of our eternal gratitude, we've recreated Tiger in the game so that he may roam with his human friend once more - if only in the Stolen Lands.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

March 20th, 2019, 14:59
Dear lord, another update? I'm starting to believe that I'll never get back to this game!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

+1:

March 20th, 2019, 15:17
Dear lord, another update? I'm starting to believe that I'll never get back to this game!
Plenty more on the way this year I'm afraid to say.

I almost forgot a new Hot-fix patch was released also.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pat…75863327047526

Spoiler – Hotfix 1.2.7 Notes
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

March 20th, 2019, 17:20
Also beta for 1.3 is also out on Steam and GoG. And it has a few hundred fixes again
And it has barely improved Kingdom Management that they said they also want to improve. So expect patch 1.4 in some future as well

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 20th, 2019, 17:24
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Also beta for 1.3 is also out on Steam and GoG. And it has a few hundred fixes again
And it has barely improved Kingdom Management that they said they also want to improve. So expect patch 1.4 in some future as well
So a few more hot-fixes before patch 1.3 followed by a few more till patch 1.4 then.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; March 20th, 2019 at 19:01.

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

March 20th, 2019, 18:15
Ok, darnnit all, guess I'll be picking this one up again sometime….next year. Maybe. At least I do have quite the backlog with games that are actually complete!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

March 20th, 2019, 19:02
Ok, darnnit all, guess I'll be picking this one up again sometime….next year. Maybe. At least I do have quite the backlog with games that are actually complete!
Smart choice as more DLC will released that will need fixing also.
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

March 20th, 2019, 19:11
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Smart choice as more DLC will released that will need fixing also.
lol

The never end cycle!

I'm like Carnifex, I haven't touched it since release, waiting for a long cooldown in patching that doesn't seems to be happening.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
+1:

March 20th, 2019, 23:47
They really are taking fan feedback seriously I'm happy with more content! Been so busy lately, I haven't had chance to play but looking forward to picking it up again when life settles down a bit!
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

March 21st, 2019, 14:55
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Patch v1.3 Open Beta Live (Part 1 and Part 2)
Dear pathfinders, We are happy to inform that the Beta of Version 1.3 is available for everyone - this time on GoG as well as Steam!
--

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Kingmaker Review