Mechwarrior 4 in future free ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mechwarrior 1, 2 or maybe 3....but 4? It's awesome if it's true. I never got to play 4 or the expansions. They were all in Chinese over here.

Thanks, Alrik, for the heads up.

Just a quick update on this. I read over at Blues News that the release of Mechwarrior 4 for free is getting close to being a done deal:

The Mechwarrior4 FREE release is still currently to be announced. MekTek had hoped to gain permission for the release while visiting Smith and Tinker, Inc. in Seattle this week. However, we have learned that Microsoft has endured several administrative changes which currently impede the release. The good news, however, is that a meeting to finalize the release is scheduled near the American Thanks Giving Holiday. Smith and Tinker said that it will only take 1-2 more days before permission is granted. From MekTek, we are happy to report that the release is ready and awaiting permission to push that big shiny green release button at MekTek headquarters.

You can read more about it over at mektek.

I heard it came out but was too buggy to play on modern systems. Looks like they've been patching it up, though. Great news!

Back
Top Bottom