Iratus: Lord of the Dead - In Early Access - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Iratus: Lord of the Dead - In Early Access

Default Iratus: Lord of the Dead - In Early Access

July 24th, 2019, 17:04
Today, the roguelike Iratus: Lord of the Dead, has become available on Steam early access.

Be The Bad Guy! Dark Roguelike RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead Out Now on Steam Early Access

Dominate your enemies and raise an army from their corpses in this challenging new game from Daedalic Entertainment and Unfrozen

HAMBURG, Germany -- July 24, 2019 -- Daedalic Entertainment and indie developer Unfrozen have unleashed the devilishly evil roguelike RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Windows PC via Steam Early Access. Flipping the script on classic fantasy RPGs, Iratus: Lord of the Dead makes you a newly resurrected necromancer on a bloody quest for vengeance against the fools who imprisoned you.

Wield an array of occult powers to make your enemies recoil in fear, using the blood, guts, bones and souls of the fallen to create monstrous pawns for your own personal army. With four different skill trees to master (Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction) and nearly 100 different minion skills to unlock, you'll have plenty of choices to defeat your foes in turn-based combat.

Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a delightfully difficult roguelike that challenges your strategic prowess on all fronts, with permadeath affecting not only minions but enemies, as well. Body parts and essence are finite resources in the game's sprawling dungeon overworld, so you'll need to think carefully about what you conjure and how it'll help you exact revenge.

Key Features
  • Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
  • Craft an army from the body parts of dead enemies: Pick from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
  • Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies' weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
  • Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
  • Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.
  • Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
  • Improve and expand your underground lair to grow in power.
  • Detailed 2.5D art style with fully animated effects evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
  • Standout voice acting from Stephan Weyte, who played Caleb in the hit Blood franchise.

Iratus: Lord of the Dead will be continuously updated and expanded throughout early access with new content, features and improvements. To stay up to date on the latest developments, please visit Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Steam.
loading…

More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

July 24th, 2019, 18:47
This is The MasterCraft Game compared to wretched Darkarsed Dungeon!

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

July 24th, 2019, 20:06
Like the concept but :
I can't play evil characters so their prime selling point excludes me

Key Features
Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
Craft an army from the body parts of dead enemies: Pick from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

July 24th, 2019, 20:40
It's a funky title, but I'm all on board with playing a villain myself. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

July 24th, 2019, 22:16
Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
I have to fix @mercy's post:
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
This is… wretched
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)

July 25th, 2019, 12:46
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
I can't play evil characters
Anyone needs a break from their life.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

July 25th, 2019, 13:07
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Like the concept but :
I can't play evil characters so their prime selling point excludes me
Lol, I seriously doubt this game will have any philosophical dilemmas for anyone to chew over, it looks like good solid Dick Darstedly cartoon evil all the way, not any different to playing the necromancer in the Heroes of Might and Magic III campaign or playing Evil Genius or any of the raft of other games where playing evil is just playing the exact same process as playing 'good' but with black clothes, ugly henchmen and a Vincent Price dialogue.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
+1:

July 25th, 2019, 20:32
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Lol, I seriously doubt this game will have any philosophical dilemmas for anyone to chew over, it looks like good solid Dick Darstedly cartoon evil all the way, not any different to playing the necromancer in the Heroes of Might and Magic III campaign or playing Evil Genius or any of the raft of other games where playing evil is just playing the exact same process as playing 'good' but with black clothes, ugly henchmen and a Vincent Price dialogue.
Yep, thankfully, because I'm too soft to play "real" evil.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

July 26th, 2019, 02:23
I don't like this game sadly. And I really wanted to, but the interface feels so amateur and not very different from a mobile game. Even though it copies The Darkest Dungeon, it lacks its beauty and feel, which probably had a lot to do with that comic-strip charm that has been replaced with standard animations that don't feel neither as impactful or appealing.

A lot of people are complaining about the difficulty, but honestly I found it to be just fine. What I can't really enjoy is the systems through which your minions level up very bland stat numbers that are hard to gauge as a player and that's another point in which this game loses hard in its comparison against Darkest Dungeon. Where in the latter every skill upgrade felt impactful, and you could customise your loadout and lineup to come up with really strong and fun parties, in Iratus you are given preset skills that you can't choose or swap. At some point you can level each ability one single time to add one of two preset lackluster effects to it that don't really impact the gameplay in any substantial way , you just get the general bland and boring feeling of "So… I guess now it does more damage". (ie, choose between the ability doing +20 damage and extra 20 over 2 turns, or +10 damage and extra 40 over 4 turns).

In its favour, it's early access so it can still improve but at this time, I feel like I could have done a lot better things with my 20€.

Nereida

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 26th, 2019, 14:36
I was hoping for an Overlord style game - then I watched the video :/

Still kinda interested, but going to let it cook a little longer!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Iratus: Lord of the Dead - In Early Access