Doom Eternal Gameplay

So, they revealed Doom Eternal at Quake Con.

Looking great. But, is it me, or was there a downgrade visually?

Anyways, it's looking good and very fun. And I really like that they took inspiration from Dark Souls with regards to player invasions. It seems, if you opt in, you can be invaded by other players while playing the campaign, and they'll be controlling select demons. That sounds fun.

Maybe it's because the first game made with id Tech 7, and it renders graphics differently. I could be wrong as its my guess based on Wiki and and other forums.
The company promises that the new engine is capable of delivering a 10-times increase in geometric detail vs. id Tech 6.

Maybe it's because the first game made with id Tech 7, and it renders graphics differently. I could be wrong as its my guess based on Wiki and and other forums.

I think it's also because the video was caught off a stream, plus the compression issues that youtube usually has. I hope they release an official video on their own channel.

I just finished watching the footage, and I have to say I'm pretty psyched about this game. :)

There seems to be a LOT more enemies in the environment which addresses one of my complaints about the last game.

The enemy design is superb. That's never been an issue for id, but it looks particularly good here. I especially like how enemies physically degrade as you damage them.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much footage they showed. I was expecting a 2-3 minute gameplay trailer, and they gave us a solid 10-12 minutes of gameplay over several segments.

Looking great. But, is it me, or was there a downgrade visually?.

It looks about the same to me. Maybe a little better. It's hard to tell from the video though. I'm sure there's some compression there.

Anyways, it's looking good and very fun. And I really like that they took inspiration from Dark Souls with regards to player invasions. It seems, if you opt in, you can be invaded by other players while playing the campaign, and they'll be controlling select demons. That sounds fun.

Yeah, I think that's pretty neat. I probably won't opt to do it on my first playthrough, but it'll be fun for a lot of people.

Looks a lot like the last one. A very pretty and visceral straight up old-school shooter. Should be just what the fans of the original ordered, at least those who don’t care about more than shooting stuff in satisfactory ways.

Sooooo not for me, but I knew it wouldn’t be.

The Rage2 video is pretty awesome too…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciZTCpdj8iA

I have to admit, Rage 2 is looking better to me with each new release of information and gameplay footage.

I initially thought it looked terrible, and that awful ad campaign didn't help, but now I'm intrigued. It seems like a huge improvement over the first game both visually and gameplay-wise.

The only negative is how long we have to wait for these games. :)

Rage 2 is set for June 2019, and I'm assuming Doom Eternal will come after.

Is Rage 2 a straight-up shooter too? Does it have RPG elements or stuff like that?

Gameplay-wise, I think Rage 2 is pretty much a straight shooter. It's open-world though and has multiple factions, NPCs, upgrades, and "abilities" that you use in combat along with your standard gunplay.

So it's not a "pure" shooter like Doom, but it's still a shooter based on what I've seen so far.

They've stated that the game world is much larger than Rage 1, and it's one seamless level, including interiors, with no load screens.

This might be fun. I've begun to prefer the new Tomb Raider style games but Doom 2016 was fun and this looks closer to doom 3 than Doom 2016 - or maybe a cross between the two.

Gameplay-wise, I think Rage 2 is pretty much a straight shooter. It's open-world though and has multiple factions, NPCs, upgrades, and "abilities" that you use in combat along with your standard gunplay.

So it's not a "pure" shooter like Doom, but it's still a shooter based on what I've seen so far.

They've stated that the game world is much larger than Rage 1, and it's one seamless level, including interiors, with no load screens.

Sounds pretty good, I guess. I might check it out - counter to my expectations.

Looks like more DOOM witch I like.

DOOM Eternal – Official "The Ancient Gods" Trailer

Watch the full trailer for DOOM Eternal’s first campaign expansion, The Ancient Gods: Part One - available October 20, 2020.

They actually leaked the release last week, but yeah, pretty cool that it's out tomorrow. I'm glad I purchased the deluxe edition for this one.

Looks like they added a lot of new stuff. Underwater areas?

Cool. In a word, cool. New locations are gorgeous, judging by the video

Back
Top Bottom