Jagged Alliance: Rage!

Wounds can fester and mercenaries can develop illnesses when they aren’t fed and watered
What about developing depression and PTSD? What about dealing with panic among the crew - it's something you cannot prevent by "watering" and "feeding".
Rage gives buffs and debuffs? I've already bought Sims 4 for those stuff.

The upcoming game doesn't look brave enough to speak about some serious stuff. It clones things already seen elsewhere. On the other hand it does look as the old game with prettier visuals, but do we really need eyecandy in JA game?
Based on this early preview, I'm unsure it can deliver.

Read quickly over some stuff on gamestar and I think it sounds quite okish.

Meaning this could easily be the best Jagged Alliance since JA 2 ^^

I don't like the art style much, and it's hard to get a read on the details. It does sound ok-ish - but my gut feeling tells me it's going to be JA-lite.

Phantom Doctrine looks much better, thankfully.

Steam has a listing for the game; the developer has a history of developing very bad games; not sure why I would expect something different this time. The idea seems ok but i'm expecting junk on release.

Jagged Alliance: Rage announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One

We are all getting older. Nothing bad about that, right? Well, the knees might hurt sometimes, seeing things far away gets a bit harder, and – oh, boy! – the heart is not as strong as it used to be. But we wake up every morning, go to work, business as usual: killing some bad guys, igniting the odd rebellion, overthrowing another evil dictator…

That’s what the mercenaries of Jagged Alliance have been doing these past 20 years. And now Ivan Dolvich, Helmut “Grunty” Grunther, Kyle “Shadow” Simmons and the other infamous fighters have a mission again when they’re stranded behind enemy lines: survive.

In Jagged Alliance: Rage! you are constantly on the brink of breakdown. Badly equipped and outnumbered, it’s up to the player to lead their seasoned mercenaries in tactical turn-based missions and to light the spark of a revolution.
No opinion at the point as I never heard of the developer.

Steam has a listing for the game; the developer has a history of developing very bad games

The only games they developed are Shadowrun: Boston Chronicles and Jagged Alliance: Online. Both have mixed reviews, but not overwhelmingly negative.

Jagged Alliance Online was produced by gamigo though as a f2p product.
When Gamigo dropped it after a while they came to an agreement with cliffhanger, so that they were able to take "their baby" and make it a "normal" game which is purchasable and without f2p elements.
So kudos for doing that. The "online nature" and f2p origin was still very apparent though, which made it overall a pretty bad game.
Not as back as flashback though and I'd still prefer it over BiA which was real time.

So i think limiting it to a few characters is actually a good idea as you can do something in good quality with a limited budget. Doing voice overs for 60 characters costs an insane amount of money.

The only games they developed are Shadowrun: Boston Chronicles and Jagged Alliance: Online. Both have mixed reviews, but not overwhelmingly negative.
My enthusiasm has dimmed even more.

As I reviewed Shadowrun: Boston Chronicles on this site.
Thanks for the link but this worries me even more.
It’s trying to streamline and adrenalise turn-based bad dude-bashing, similarly to how Firaxis remixed alien aggravation for more mass-market sensibilities.

The fact 'Rage!' is in the title is a giveaway as to the developers sensibilities. I doubt old time fans will be pleased at the devs going dude bro.

Nah, should have been streamed.

Back
Top Bottom