Star Citizen Info Thread

D

DArtagnan

*EDIT*

I thought I'd make this the "unofficial" Watch SC thread. I'll add updates as I come across something interesting.

It'd be cool if a moderator would rename the actual thread "Star Citizen Info Thread" ;)

The game is now at a stage of development where relevant updates are likely to be more frequent than in the past.

If you have any questions, I'll give the answers a shot. I've been following development pretty closely.

----

I thought this looked pretty neat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=10TAH5LVCow

Check out the end, where you watch an explosion happening while on-board the ship. All real-time and in-engine.

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be about Chris Roberts absconding on a yacht with bushels of cash, and the feds in pursuit. :biggrin:

Impressive. I might have to start paying more attention to this game. I understand the primary focus is multiplayer though?

Impressive. I might have to start paying more attention to this game. I understand the primary focus is multiplayer though?

I think you'll be able to do a lot of cool things solo, but I doubt it's going to be much fun if you don't want to interact with others on occasion.

It's definitely a multiplayer oriented game overall.

Well, except for the supposedly very long singleplayer campaign ;)

I believe the single player campaign is a major component, and if I remember correctly, I think it's supposed to be delivered before the full multiplayer open world. I'm sure a backer will correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought this was going to be about Chris Roberts absconding on a yacht with bushels of cash, and the feds in pursuit. :biggrin:

There's no shortage of conspiracy theories and, apparently, CIG are worse than the Nazi party and so on ;)

I believe the single player campaign is a major component, and if I remember correctly, I think it's supposed to be delivered before the full multiplayer open world. I'm sure a backer will correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely a part of it is supposed to be out first.

Incidentally, they'll be demonstrating Squadron 42 tomorrow, which is the singleplayer campaign :)

That said, I wouldn't expect the full game to be out any time soon. They're saying 2016, but I think it'll be 2017.

I couldn't care less about the multiplayer part at all, but I backed it for the single player campaign and that I will certainly be playing. Like many other campaigns, they sure do seem to be taking their sweet time with this.

Last I saw was Star Citizen being bashed for lack of development. They back on track again?

Yes and no. They are going to release a "baby PU" as alpha to backers first soon(tm).

Squadron 42 should release officially first though and once the PU is release, playing through the campaign is the official way to get your citizenship, so yeah, major component.

Dare I ask, what is a baby PU?

PU = Persistent Universe (aka Star Citizen)

The baby part is because it's a small size version of what the final Star Citizen game is going to be (like 1 or 2 star systems so backers can test all the features put together instead of separately like we have right now).

Last I saw was Star Citizen being bashed for lack of development. They back on track again?

If you're asking if they're back on track, then that must mean you believed what you were hearing ;)

All I can say is that I believe they've been in full development since the beginning, and I'm seeing serious progress.

If this was really a scam, then it'd be the most elaborate and complicated scam of all time.

But, there are no guarentees ;)

If you're asking if they're back on track, then that must mean you believed what you were hearing ;)

All I can say is that I believe they've been in full development since the beginning, and I'm seeing serious progress.

If this was really a scam, then it'd be the most elaborate and complicated scam of all time.

But, there are no guarentees ;)

I learned from World of Darkness to not take anything for granted. Star Citizen intrigues me, a lot, but I am careful about setting high expectations so I try to not get too involved and excited about projects pre launch :p So I just tend to read a few articles here and there rather than actually pay attention to everything ;)
Means doomsayers are easier to believe I guess, but also prevents me from that utter disappointment I felt when wodo was torn to pieces.

I learned from World of Darkness to not take anything for granted. Star Citizen intrigues me, a lot, but I am careful about setting high expectations so I try to not get too involved and excited about projects pre launch :p So I just tend to read a few articles here and there rather than actually pay attention to everything ;)
Means doomsayers are easier to believe I guess, but also prevents me from that utter disappointment I felt when wodo was torn to pieces.

Sounds like a reasonable position :)

Pretty sure the Vatican still holds that title, but Star Citizen could get an honorable mention if it does collapse.

The ARK map is much cooler than the explosion (it's usable, kinda like a 3D Google Map).

Back
Top Bottom