Fallout 4 Most exciting nonmainstory locations

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I think I've mentioned it already, but if you haven't been to Museum of Witchcraft yet, do it ASAP. Don't do this one during night (real night, not ingame night)!

And just finished exploring Massachusetts State House.
There is no spectacular loot inside it (well, except raider power armor parts but by the time you find it you'll have a few packs of those already) but man…

If you're going in any of these two, bring some heavy weapons. I did manage without power armor and fat man but wasted crapload of stims! And it's on normal. Can't wait for JDR to explore there on superhard. :D

When I find more locations of this design quality, I'll post.

This isn't very on topic but one of the things I am enjoying the most is hunting down various teddy bear setups. Here are two examples:

22659663038_fac7852829_o.png

23068218495_58c402fd87_o.jpg

There are supposed to be a bunch of them hidden around.

Besides that there are a lot of amusing "set-ups" in the game that are fun to come across.

I think one of the most enjoyable quest lines I've encountered started at a place called the Cabbot house if I recall correctly. That was quite the romp, you do a few quests that are pretty involved and hairy, then like a week after the fact I wound up getting some other reward that was kinda kool.

Enter Cambridge Polymer Labs, then play along with the robot that greets you.
Great substory, great loot and man… That final reward!

While not exciting as a shooter scheme (zombies again but you'll have help from turrets), I just have to put it on "do not skip in any playthrough" list.
Hint: bring a bunch of radaways with you.

I explored The Irish Pride Shipyards last night. Not particularly exciting, but it provided one of the funnier moments in the game to me so far.

It's a large warehouse with a boat inside, and it's infested with mirelurks. As you're exploring, you hear the voice of some crazy-sounding guy over the loudspeakers talking to the mirelurks. It ends up being a recording, and you eventually find his body where he was killed by the mirelurks he had been raising.

Not all that funny in itself, but if you happen to have Codsworth with you, he remarks "It looks like the hand that fed them ended up being dinner." It was quite unexpected to hear something like that from him and actually made me laugh out loud. :)

On my way to the witchcraft museum right now. Was just hiding from a pack of Raiders, activated vats to see where they were and there's a frigging deathclaw asleep behind me! I snuck away.

I explored The Irish Pride Shipyards last night.
Been there, not very exciting and seems they recorded fitting VO for several if not all sidekicks - if you take Hancock there he'll also have funny remarks.
Why it ain't superexciting? You can't find the human behind those recordings (probably got eaten but still).

activated vats to see where they were
That's cheatin'! :D
It's one of those things I don't like in this game - VATS automatically detects any hidden/lurking mob. No Party Surprise Fiddlesticks = no excitment!

I did. All I found is some dead settler outside by the water without a name.

It was not there in my game.
Only his stash (he hints it's there in his journal) was.

I think one of the most enjoyable quest lines I've encountered started at a place called the Cabbot house if I recall correctly. That was quite the romp, you do a few quests that are pretty involved and hairy, then like a week after the fact I wound up getting some other reward that was kinda kool.
Just finished it - Cabot with one b. ;)
The reward I found along the way is the one I searched for too much time already:
Charisma bobblehead!
Pokemon! :D

But other than that…
Great sidestory though. I bet we'll see continuation of this in DLC or FO5.

There is an outdoor mall area that has a
HUGE Mr. Handy
in the center. That was pretty cool as I hadn't been spoiled and totally wasn't expecting it. The whole area is just very well done.

There is an outdoor mall area that has a
HUGE Mr. Handy
in the center. That was pretty cool as I hadn't been spoiled and totally wasn't expecting it. The whole area is just very well done.

Make sure you check out the diner and allow the host Mr. Handy to seat you at a table. :)

Argh! 200 hours in the game and I didn't find that one yet!
So many locations... Where is it?

Make sure you check out the diner and allow the host Mr. Handy to seat you at a table. :)

Yep, I did that too ;)

The poor robots tried to help when a radscorpion attacked us just outside the mall. Most of them died before me, companion and Mr. Gutsy took out the raddie. It was my first raddie and it was a hard fight.

Of course, I've started over twice since then....

I found someone stuck in a fridge for 200 years last night. Neat little quest to stumble across.

Back
Top Bottom