Sci-fi games where hero wake up from stasis

Its even worse on television... the unoriginality i mean..

And we have a little surprising upcoming title here - Syberia 3.

Of course you wont wake up from stasis there, but it seems you will wake up from coma or after some accident in unusual medical facility. See these videos. And will try to remind first what happened between Syb 1+2 and Syb 3.

----------
And one more classical sci-fi example…

PAMELA - sci-fi survival action adventure inspired by System Shock. You should be woken up by Pamela. BTW it may sound promising, but its just AI. :)
Cool trailer.

After some time another game to the list.

Twin Mirror

Narrative adventure game from Dontnod. Well, technically you dont wake up from stasis but you wake up with amnesia. And you have to find out what happened for your own sake because…

Anyone remember Crystalis for the NES? That was the first time I remember seeing the hero wake up from stasis at the start of a game.

The stasis thing goes along nicely with amnesia, which is a very convenient excuse for a plot dump.

I consider Fallout science fiction because it has lasers, robots, and radioactive mutants. I can see how postapocalyptic science fiction has more in common with postapocalyptic non-science fiction than with space operas, but if it has lasers and robots, it's still science fiction.

Anyone remember Crystalis for the NES? That was the first time I remember seeing the hero wake up from stasis at the start of a game.

Yep, I played it. That was a pretty neat game by NES standards. It's one of the first games I can remember that had a post-apocalyptic setting.

Not really. ME2 Shepard was a sort of reconstructed clone - the original died.

There was more than one such clone.

State of Mind

Another adventure game where you dont wake up from stasis but you wake up with amnesia. Its even more suspicous because your hero was investigating something. And its cyberpunk…

I wonder how many of you woulk like to play it?
https://worthplaying.com/event/E3_2018/PostE3_2018/110124/

418346.jpg

454191.jpg

I realise that this is an ancient thread, I just felt the need to express my love of this very concept.

I adore sci-fi games where I wake up and I have to discover who I am - and what's going on :)

GIMME MORE!

It will. When trashmobs stop appearing from thin air.

I'm waiting for the VR game where I wake up from 50 years of stasis, all the time dreaming that I was a mild mannered computer programmer back at the turn of the millennium.

So how many of you would want to enter stasis for 10000 years to see what the future brings ?

Well, that's a bit loaded.

I'm the sort of person who wouldn't mind being cryogenically frozen at the end of my life, in the hopes technology would reach a point where I could be re-created with the use of an artificial body.

That said, I'm not at all convinced it would be a great experience - but I assume I could just end my life regardless, if things weren't fun.

So how many of you would want to enter stasis for 10000 years to see what the future brings ?

Interesting question. But Im afraid that 10000 is too much. You probably wont like and wont understand the tech, the society, the language… Maybe they wont believe you and think you are somewhat "defective", idiot, "lesser humanoid"… whatever.

Well i should have phrase it as wake up once every 100 years for a week then reenter for 10000 years or something like that - mostly it was more along the lines of giving up day to day life for the chance to see how things evolve over time. Of course it is quite likely humanity won't survive that long at current pace. However - if things did last that long I would presume the level of sophistication would negate your concerns - but that is assume progression as oppose to regression.

Interesting question. But Im afraid that 10000 is too much. You probably wont like and wont understand the tech, the society, the language… Maybe they wont believe you and think you are somewhat "defective", idiot, "lesser humanoid"… whatever.

Last edited:
There's the classic mega-wad for Doom 2 (Doom Eternal?) where the hero awakes from some kind of stasis. Alas, it's an interminable key-hunt for some of the levels that makes you wonder if anyone - anyone at ALL - ever was able to finish this wad.

I tend to feel the world is going to overall regress versus progress ... as our current situation is headed in that direction (IMO of course). That being said I am very curious to see what the future will bring but think I would prefer to visit in jumps of a 100 more like a ghost or spirit.

Of course it is quite likely humanity won't survive that long at current pace.
It's even more likely that humanity wouldn't be human. I would hope genetic engineering would oust most genetic diseases in the next century. Another century and we've got jaws that actually match the number of teeth we have, knees that work well for a whole lifetime, backs that work well at any point in life, and so on. By the third century, the fashion industry has taken over - heaven help us all. 10K years? You'll be doing well if you can figure out what is and isn't sentient.

Back
Top Bottom