RAGE 2– Extended Gameplay Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bethesda released a new Rage 2 video from QuakeCon.

Game is certainly pretty - but I hate the setting and I'm not a big fan of vehicular combat.

You hate post-apocalyptic?

Or did you mean the desert-like setting? Because that's not the entire game world. There are multiple biomes.

You hate post-apocalyptic?

Or did you mean the desert-like setting? Because that's not the entire game world. There are multiple biomes.

I dislike both post-apoc and desert-like settings :) Well, at least usually - and for much the same reasons. They tend to be very barren and dreary - where I prefer lush, green areas - or just vibrant settings full of variety.

But if there are more biomes, that's cool.

Also, I can sometimes get past the setting - if the exploration or other elements make up for it.

I like Fallout 3/4 despite of the setting, not because of it.

That up there looks like mediocre mainstream garbage.

Nah, that up there looks fucking awesome :p

RAGE 1 was a missed opportunity, especially coming after Borderlands. The hope for me was that it would be the hardcore post-apoc to Borderland's post-apoc-lite, but the end result was rather underwhelming.
This looks to be addressing that. Hopefully it can avoid RAGE's repetitive, overly scripted side missions.

Darth Tagnan said:
I dislike both post-apoc and desert-like settings
BLASPHEMER!! YOU SHALL BE BANISHED!!

j/k ;p

I've never really thought of it as one of my favourite settings (early RPG days I favoured the goofy fantasy settings of Ultima and Wizardry over, say, Wasteland), but given how much I've enjoyed games like Stalker (all three of them), Fallout, and Borderlands, I guess it must be.

I've never really thought of it as one of my favourite settings (early RPG days I favoured the goofy fantasy settings of Ultima and Wizardry over, say, Wasteland), but given how much I've enjoyed games like Stalker (all three of them), Fallout, and Borderlands, I guess it must be.

Stalker, at least, has forests :)

But it depends. For isometric games like the original Fallout - it's not as big a problem for me, because I don't immerse myself in the word to the same extent.

But when I'm playing a first-person game - like the modern Fallouts - or something like Rage - the setting has a greater impact on my mood.

Obviously, in Fallout - it's SUPPOSED to be bleak, and it certainly works. Strangely, I love the underworld locations in Fallout - especially the vaults. I love abandoned things where people used to live, because it means finding out about them and what happened there. That's a big part of my enjoyment from exploration.

So, there are two sides to it.

But walking around in a vast desert-like landscape gets me down and takes a toll on my mood after a while.

I guess I take it too seriously on a subconscious level ;)

Rage 2 won't have any mod support at launch.

Link - https://gamerant.com/rage-2-mods/
Since Rage 2 was shown off at E3 2018 it has attracted significant interest for its offbeat tone and over-the-top combat. Though its 2019 release date is still quite a ways off, plenty more information has been given about the game – including the fact that there will be no mod support at launch.

A new game-play video was released showcasing your characters ability's.

Borderlands was entertaining enough but I thought Rage 1 was boring. This doesn't bring much to the table it seems. Mad Max (the game) has already done most of this stuff.

Huh? Other than the setting, this doesn't look much like Mad Max at all. I'm seeing a lot more variety in just about everything compared to MM.

At the very least, it looks like a significant improvement over Rage 1.

Personally I think it looks good compared to the first game. It has actually has better graphics, a good story, it's open world game map, but I don't like the pink neon colors.

This looks like something I would enjoy for about 5 minutes. But I'm happy for fans of mindless shooting.

I realize it's "pre-beta" but at this point it looks like a clunkier version of Borderlands with better graphics. A shame, really - their previous trailer made gameplay seem a lot more fluid and fun.

Plus, it will likely be a Creation Club exclusive. :thumbsdown:

Just too silly looking for my taste. It seems designed for the teenage boy market, in a big way. I also don't like all the "cheat" weapons and abilities that appear to make combat a breeze. I like shooters with more realistic and difficult combat than where you press a button and splatter most enemies, even when they are in cover...boring.

Bethesda's posted a new RAGE 2 Pre-Beta gameplay video.

Rage 2 and other Bethesda games will not be exclusives according to a Tweet.
We’re pleased to announce that RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal will be released on Steam as well as https://beth.games/2Mhhqoi . We will also be bringing Fallout 76 to Steam later this year.
Quite a u turn as last year it was a Betshda.net exclusive.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...nstein-fallout-76-and-others-return-to-steam/
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/25/1...t-76-youngblood-pc-steam-version-release-date
https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-...lfenstein-youngblood-are-all-coming-to-steam/

Back
Top Bottom