Battletech: Flashpoint DLC Expansion

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Paradox released a trailer for Battletech's first DLC expansion.

The first-ever BATTLETECH expansion comes complete with three new ‘Mechs (including the highly anticipated Hatchetman), a challenging new mission type, and a new tropical biome, along with its featured namesake, Flashpoints. Flashpoints are high-stakes branching short stories, comprised of procedural mercenary missions linked together with new crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and valuable rewards. To ramp up the intensity, some Flashpoint stories will feature “Consecutive Deployments” in which players won’t be able to repair their ‘Mechs between missions.
Battletech: Flashpoint should release this November.

I'm hoping they open the game more for the modding community like the Paradox developed games are. I know there are mods out there but it's not as user-friendly as going to Steam Workshop and 1-click install them. Besides I would love user-created campaigns longer and deeper than the original campaign.

Nice. Once all the DLC's are released I'll buy them in a package deal and replay the game. I'll hold off until then though.

The Axe Mech cometh!!
Procedurally generated story missions? Meh.
Yeah, that doesn't sound too good at all. Where did that info come from?

The Axe Mech cometh!!

Yeah, that doesn't sound too good at all. Where did that info come from?
Link - https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/battletech-flashpoint-dlc-expansion-release-date
About these Flashpoints:

"Flashpoints are high-stakes branching short stories, comprised of procedural mercenary missions linked together with new crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and valuable rewards. To ramp up the intensity, some Flashpoint stories will feature “Consecutive Deployments” in which players won’t be able to repair their ‘Mechs between missions."

The three new Mechs are the Hatchetman (with "armor-chopping power">, the Cyclops (with multi-range firepower), and the Crab (with the ability to taste delicious). There'll also be a new Encounter called 'Target Acquisition', where players have to control three territories on a map to win.

"Flashpoint stories give us the flexibility to design a huge variety of experiences, all with different sequences, events, challenges, decisions, rewards, etc. We’re combining core gameplay mechanics in new ways to create deeper content," said Mitch Gitelman, Battletech Game Director and co-founder of Harebrained Schemes.

Ah, thanks The Candid... ummm… Couchpotato!

Ah, thanks The Candid… ummm… Couchpotato!
No problem enjoy. I'm a silent ninja on this forum.:invisible:

Now where to post the next link?

Back
Top Bottom