Expeditions: Viking - Patch 1.07

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The last major patch for Expeditions: Viking has been released:

Version 1.0.7: Iron Man Mode, Workshop Integration, New Game Settings

Hello everyone. Today we have released update 1.0.7.1 for Expeditions: Viking. This version contains some major new things, which is why it has been in open beta for almost a month. The most important new feature is the Iron Man mode, but we also have Steam Workshop integration now, as well as a bunch of quality-of-life improvements.

This is going to be the last major update for Expeditions: Viking. We still have a few things we're hoping Unity will get back to us on, so we may release another small patch or two down the line. Same goes if any new major bugs are discovered. The game appears to be in a pretty good shape now though, so we'll be turning our attention towards the next installment.

From the bottom of our hearts, thanks so much for sticking with us so far, and for giving the game another chance despite the rocky launch :)

[...]
More information.

Anyone played Conquistador AND this?

I did.

Which one did you like better?

Expeditions Conquistador was better by quite a bit imho.
Better balancing, better campaign structure, better music...

I played both as well, and Conquistador was my preferred game, by a wide margin. I really wanted to love the second the most, I mean it even has bloody vikings, but it just wasn't as good as the first was for me. They changed a lot of the mechanics between the games, and not all of the changes were for the better, in my opinion.

Still no linux version. Guess that will never happen, then.
And using an engine like Unity that supports it out of the box, there's really no forgiving this.

Oh well, gladly spending my money elsewhere :)

Last edited:
Anyone played Conquistador AND this?

I did too. I would say Conquistador is more fun. It feels "warmer" and has more "touch". Vikings is great too but feels too streamlined for my taste.

I finished Conquistador and played Vikings for 12 hours, I'll have to play it again now that its fully patched. Viking tried to turn the class system from conquistador into a classless one, but proved unable to properly balance it (granted its no easy task) also it sacrificed exploration for more story. I thought the Conquistador was really great, and would recommend it. I think the changes for Viking were meant to be an improvement but failed because of the implementation.

I finished Conquistador and played Vikings for 12 hours, I'll have to play it again now that its fully patched. Viking tried to turn the class system from conquistador into a classless one, but proved unable to properly balance it (granted its no easy task) also it sacrificed exploration for more story. I thought the Conquistador was really great, and would recommend it. I think the changes for Viking were meant to be an improvement but failed because of the implementation.
From what I read multiple balance patches should have fixed the classless system by now.

Played Conquistadors, just started on Vikings since I was waiting for 1.07 to improve the combat. Beginning is super linear. I don't think there are "classes" as such, just a few restrictions based on stats. Liking it so far.

Nice to see a company actually evolve from one game to the next, instead of just flounder.

Thanks for the response everyone. With Conquistador in my backlog I suppose there is no need to buy Vikings (ever).

Thanks for the response everyone. With Conquistador in my backlog I suppose there is no need to buy Vikings (ever).

unless you want to support the developer for making more games.

Well, "ever" is a really long effing time. It will probably be free at some point if you're looking at "ever".

I thought it was fun enough game. Downloading the patch now but don't think I will replay it again soon.

I thought it was fun enough game. Downloading the patch now but don't think I will replay it again soon.

There is so much stuff coming out these days that replaying a game isn't really an option for me. I can hardly play all the new releases I want to play.

Well, first world problems I guess. But this also means that games need to get it right at release.

Or you do like me and don't play games at release. Once you get into that way of thinking you always have a game to play that was released some time ago and finally patched properly.
You just need to keep yourself from buying new games for a short while.

Or you do like me and don't play games at release. Once you get into that way of thinking you always have a game to play that was released some time ago and finally patched properly.
You just need to keep yourself from buying new games for a short while.

Yeah...I normally take a mix of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom