Kingmaker - Releasing September 25th

Avellone is overrated, and he steals credit for many projects that he barely worked on.

How can you steal credit?
If you contributed you are in list of credits.
Avellone himself never claimed he did more than he did.

Oooh, the two psychics who're never wrong engaged in a pointless trivality.

FIGHT!

Fallout 2: I've heard a dozen times that he was the main narrative designer. False.

Planescape: Had 4 writers. Colin Mccomb arguably did more than Avellone. Gets no credit.

Mask of the Betrayer: Was George Ziets brainchild. People still claim it was Avellones.

POE1: Durance is the most praised companion. Nobody mentions he had two writers.

Tyranny: Everyone claims he personally designed the world and lore. He admits that he barely did anything, and it was all someone else's ideas from a decade ago.

Kingmaker (psychic abilities): Avellone is praised as writing everything himself, when in reality he only wrote a few NPCs and a companion.

I'm not attacking Chris, but his dumb fanboys that pretend everything good about the games he has worked on was his personal doing.

Planescape: Had 4 writers. Colin Mccomb arguably did more than Avellone. Gets no credit.

Source for Planescape writers and how much who wrote?

Mask of the Betrayer: Was George Ziets brainchild. People still claim it was Avellones.

Source for people claiming it was the brainchild of Avellone? By people, I don't mean one random person on the Internet.

POE1: Durance is the most praised companion. Nobody mentions he had two writers.

Source for who is statistically the most praised companion and who wrote what aspects of Durance?

Tyranny: Everyone claims he personally designed the world and lore. He admits that he barely did anything, and it was all someone else's ideas from a decade ago.

Source for "everyone" claiming Avellone personally designed the world and lore?

Kingmaker (psychic abilities): Avellone is praised as writing everything himself, when in reality he only wrote a few NPCs and a companion.

Source for this praise?

Dart just let go man that path leads to nowhere.:biggrin:

Just a few quotes from Baldur's Gate NPC Alora.

1. Isn't this great? All of us, doing nice things, being happy! It's great!"
2. You are mean, mean, mean. No wonder people don't like you!"
3. "I don't think you're happy enough. I'll teach you to be happy!"

Moving on.:rotfl:

You're a fool if you think I'm going to spend an hour digging up "sources" just so you can chastise me for not providing enough evidence. If you don't believe it, look it up yourself.

You're a fool if you think I'm going to spend an hour digging up sources just so you can chastise me for not providing enough evidence. If you don't believe it, look it up yourself.

I have no interest in chastising anyone. That's not my style.

I have an interest in whether or not people who constantly make extremely bold and unlikely claims have the capacity to, or the inclination of, backing them up.

It's my way of determining how much of it is in your head - and how useful you could be in terms of learning new things that are actually true.

I don't feel the need to prove my worth to random cokels on the internet

I don't feel the need to prove my worth to random cokels on the internet

I think you're confusing your worth with your use to me.

But no, I think we've established that.

I had no such expectation, either. Quite the opposite.

Most people with your approach can't back up what they're saying - but I think it's important to give people a chance regardless.

You're a fool if you think I'm going to spend an hour digging up "sources" just so you can chastise me for not providing enough evidence. If you don't believe it, look it up yourself.

In this case you should because all you said are wrong info that maybe some people spread, Avellone not being one of those.

As for Fallout 2, Avellone was design lead, approving narrative was part his job.

On PST he did most of the work and nobody is ignoring McComb, he got to be one of the main guys on Torment 2 because of it.

I'll never understand why an RPG with deep/intricate systems would put out a trailer like this.

Probably because they need to attract fans who are not that much into deep/intricate systems. Sound reasonable, right?

Maybe there are few ppl who claim it… you can hear anything on internet nowadays. But McComb is pretty known for Planescape so to say that he gets no credit for it sounds like clear BS to me. Sorry.

Darth: I think you got your answer. Probably as expected. ;)

I'm sure people appreciate being equated with tools. When did discussion boards become so pretentious?

Are you saying only tools are useful?

Have you considered your perception might correlate with your behavior?

Did you consider that I perceive you as toxic and arrogant, and that's why I chose not to debate you? Although to be fair, this back and forth isn't a more productive use of my time.

Did you consider that I perceive you as toxic and arrogant, and that's why I chose not to debate you? Although to be fair, this back and forth isn't a more productive use of my time.

No, I hadn't considered that.

I can't say that I'm surprised, though :)

That's a very common first impression people get of me on forums. Strangely enough, that's not at all the case in real life - even though I strive to be the same no matter where I interact.

In any case, I will of course respect your choice not to back up your claims.

Thank you for the exchange.

So, I hope you have more fun in ways that are more productive!

Back
Top Bottom