FC3 Blood Dragon... is for real?

I love the music. It sounds like it was ripped straight out of the original Terminator. Pure 80's cheese.
Yeah I really dig the music too - it's by Power Glove (not to be confused with the other, metal Powerglove). They have some tracks on soundcloud here, all of it in that retro 80's synth vein: https://soundcloud.com/powerglove

Definitely going to pre-order this! I would pay $15 for the soundtrack alone.

I only got a chance to play for a little bit so far but overall first impression is good! It looks and sounds exactly as expected. One thing I learned is that I totally suck at first-person shooters now - I haven't played them much in recent years. The last one I played heavily was Battlefield 1942.

The soundtrack is amazing - it was totally worth the pre-order price alone. As an added bonus, a fun game is included.

I'll come back with more thoughts as I get further along.

The soundtrack is amazing - it was totally worth the pre-order price alone. As an added bonus, a fun game is included.

Is the soundtrack included separately or are you referring to the BGM in general?

I'm still surprised that this game is only $15 and is a standalone title. On the downside, I just noticed that it uses UPlay for DRM.

Is the soundtrack included separately or are you referring to the BGM in general?

I'm still surprised that this game is only $15 and is a standalone title. On the downside, I just noticed that it uses UPlay for DRM.

In terms of what it probably cost to make, you can think of it as a thorough re-skin of farcry 3 and the cutscenes probably cost almost nothing to make. They were also probably uncertain how well it would be received - whether people would appreciate the humor or be annoyed at how ridiculous it is compared to the vanilla game. I'm guessing $15 was what they thought seemed fair?

It's definately at least worth the price of admission so I'm not complaining. It's almost worth it just for the tutorial section. I swear the PC voice-over was reading my mind.

Oh, I'm talking about the separate full soundtrack MP3 download (25 tracks) which was included with the pre-order deal. If you buy it now it's not included - it was an added perk for pre-ordering. I think it is available separately for something like $10 now.

As for UPlay it took me all of 1 minute to set up and not a big deal at all. Not sure why people are crying about that so much. I guess added DRM to a Steam title is silly and redundant - but I haven't had any problem with it.

I just don't like having to register with yet another online DRM service after already having accounts with Steam, Origin, Capsule, etc.

I didn't realize they were giving away a separate soundtrack for pre-ordering. Now I wish I had. :)

I just don't like having to register with yet another online DRM service after already having accounts with Steam, Origin, Capsule, etc.

I didn't realize they were giving away a separate soundtrack for pre-ordering. Now I wish I had. :)
I suppose they didn't advertise the added soundtrack very well on Steam - it was just a short sentence in the description. I thought people knew - or else I would've mentioned it here.

Sorry I've dived into Testament/Sherlock and can't go on another game before I finish it.

But from what I've seen on youtube, BD is the next type of game expansions. It's standalone, it's cheap (you get the whole game for the money you'd have to waste on horse armor in some other games), it's (re)using many stuff from it's parent game but is at the same time completely different from it.
And it's silly, crazy, immature and basically politically incorrect (IIRc if you press F you show middl' finger to enemies).

That soundtrack is bloody amazing. Been searching for music like this. Im going to use it this weekend when I GM Star Wars SAGA in Coruscant.

DoD-A02-E06-P01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom