Blood Bond - Into the Shroud - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The indie RPG Blood Bond: Into the Shroud has been released:

Blood Bond: Into the Shroud

Blood Bond: Into the Shroud explores RPGs in a new way. With no hand-holding, few forced battles, and no strict paths to follow, you will be rewarded for your exploration across Jordenheim and the discoveries you make. Blood Bond: Into the Shroud is heavily inspired by Norse myths and legends. It is the birth of the world of Jordenheim. Our goal as developers was to provide you a great old-school RPG experience with modern graphics and done in a modern engine. Built-in Unreal.

You will play the role of Astrid, a young Viking witch, and daughter of two heroes of yore. Raised only by her mother and abandoned by her father, Astrid has been outcast by her village. Our story takes place after a hunt, Astrid has found her village destroyed and her mother missing. Unsure of her own capabilities, she seeks out her father, Birger. Thus, begins Blood Bond: Into the Shroud's adventure of self-discovery. Discover the power of Viking inside and the truth behind it all.

GAMEPLAY

Exploration & Discovery: Dive directly into exploring your environment. You'll gain XP for everything you do from picking plants for medicine or discovering a mysterious setting.
Talents: Pray to the Gods to receive their blessing. What is bestowed upon you is completely up to them. Gain talents in a variety of ways from quests, boons from the gods, or discovering them through exploration.

Combat: Choose your battles wisely or use stealth to find another way. Be cautious with your ax, bow, and spells for there is no auto-targeting or easy mode combat.

Status Effects: Create buffs, debuffs, or states to aid in your journey. Don't discredit a status effect as it may be beneficial in one situation and detrimental in another.

Crafting: Gather and craft clever items to ensure you succeed in your journey. Crafting is an essential part of your journey as you may not be able to obtain all talents, traits, and abilities on your journey.

We welcome you to the world of Jordenheim and the saga of Astrid of Guilon.

Thank you for supporting our indie game development efforts! We bid you welcome, to the world of Jordenheim and look forward to hearing about your experiences. What will your saga be?
More information.

That video provided is full of some odd designs, or most probably bugs, I mean she got stuck on stairs, lol.
Early Access I guess, but even if it was not, that game doesn't look as it'd be fun to me.

It left Early Access yesterday - maybe the video is from an older version.

Watching the vid I'm getting a sort of Tomb Raider meets Walking Sim vibe.

The description makes it sound a lot better than it looks. I have to agree with joxer on this one.

It left Early Access yesterday - maybe the video is from an older version.
Are you sure? Look at this review: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Martimus1/recommended/820890/#developer_response

The English isn't real good but it sounds like the reviewer is saying it isn't in EA as of May 2019. The developer responding seems to think the reviewer might have been reviewing the EA version of the game instead of what was available at the time the review posted.

Patch notes for 5.0 say the game is finally feature complete. Going all the way back to patch 1.0, nothing says anything about early access. (Though it's clear from the patch notes that the game wasn't all there at release.)

At any rate, if the game is better than what is in that video, they needed to make another video. I mean, she shoots an arrow to make the old lady pop up? Then the text doesn't even fit in the text area??

I might have to try this simply based on the name of the character alone. If an elderly bloke starts calling her Astro, Apox, Astrict, I might laugh myself silly!!

I'd play it, but not at $25. I know people want to be paid for their work, but your work must be worth people's money too.

I'd play it, but not at $25. I know people want to be paid for their work, but your work must be worth people's money too.

this does look exactly like your type of game, nut. i came here to see what u said about it, lol.

i'll pick this up sometime for sure. thanks for sharing, @HiddenX; ! <3

this does look exactly like your type of game, nut. i came here to see what u said about it, lol.

i'll pick this up sometime for sure. thanks for sharing, @HiddenX; ! <3

Yep, I'll get it eventually.

Hmmm… the gameplay does look odd and possibly a bit broken. That said, I remember the first time I saw Gothic when it came out… UI looked like crap and it seemed kinda janky… and yet, it turned out to be brilliant. So, for me, this is worth keeping an eye on for now… maybe it'll be... decent? good? pretty good?

So, looked at the Steam page and there are only two reviews, at least in English, for a game released in 2019. I'm guessing the 2019 reviews were Early Access but this game has very little presence at all. I think the devs will need to seriously discount this if they want any traction.

So, looked at the Steam page and there are only two reviews, at least in English, for a game released in 2019. I'm guessing the 2019 reviews were Early Access but this game has very little presence at all. I think the devs will need to seriously discount this if they want any traction.

nut, check the steam forums for the game, i asked a question there. it doesn't sound that great, a weekend game with ten hours of content.

anyway, how's Inmate: Survival? i see u playing that a bit. Enjoying it then?

nut, check the steam forums for the game, i asked a question there. it doesn't sound that great, a weekend game with ten hours of content.

anyway, how's Inmate: Survival? i see u playing that a bit. Enjoying it then?

Inmate Survival is your typical survival/fighting game. You slowly build a base as other inmates also arrive and start building camps and bases. There are wild animals that act as enemies, food, and crafting supplies. Human enemies will sometimes have a few bullets or a bandage and you have to weight whether you lose more in fighting then than you'll gain. It's decent. The crafting is quick, which is important. You don't sit around for 10 real world minutes waiting for a wall to go up. It's like 4 seconds.

Blood Bond suffers from zero reviews of over 3 hours. If a game is that short, I'll wait forever to play.

Back
Top Bottom