KoA: Reckoning - Getting a Remaster in August

I liked the game back in the day... I know grindy.. but I was younger... (I've finished it)
I tried to replay it two years ago I think and I entered a cave before I supposed too (hey I played GOTHIC for years and I love to try to go first here or there and the game should adjust) and when I had to for the main quest I could not progress.
If remaster means the shit that they did with Darksiders then it's completely useless and just another lame chash grab.
A remaster should mea a rework and at least fixing the existing reported bugs and NOT introducing new ones with shitty optimization.

I quite liked this game - i played it two times, but never finished, due to its most significant problem: combat becomes too easy in mid game, which makes everything meaningless and boring.
I think second time i played with some fan modification for combat (but not sure tbh) and regardless game was too easy.
I hope making enemies tougher is the main goal of this remaster, otherwise I dont see why i would play it again.

I never finished it but I played a lot of this game and even though in some ways it was simplistic in some ways it was overall FUN to play.

I played a little, and there was some good lore in it (the Faes and their houses, for example) reminescent of Morrowind, kind of.

But the grind, oh my god! Never again.

I think I only got one third or one half through the game, too. Combat was good until it gets too easy (I think I only died once and only because I got distracted) and some of the quests were also well done, but the vast majority of it is a grind and the quests are repetitious. All in all, I had fun for some 30 hours until it stopped being fun and I stopped playing it. Don't see the remaster changing any of it for the better, though, and the way it looks now is just fine.

Highly doubt that as this is mostly just a graphic/engine facelift(

According to the product listing on Microsoft Store the game will be "Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay". What the heck "refined gameplay" does mean is anyone's guess, but as I said we can only hope for the better.

According to the product listing on Microsoft Store the game will be "Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay". What the heck "refined gameplay" does mean is anyone's guess, but as I said we can only hope for the better.

Yeah and as I said I hope I'm wrong. As I don't see how they can change the gameplay. It's an eight year old completed game by now. It will be just like the Darksiders remaster I bet.

Just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

I'll consider this if they make a FOV setting. I didn't play it the first time because I wasn't going to have most of the screen filled with the backside of my character over tens of hours of game play.

I played a little, and there was some good lore in it (the Faes and their houses, for example) reminescent of Morrowind, kind of.

Some of it was reminescent of Morrowind, and that wasn't by accident since Ken Rolston was involved in both at a high level. I remember liking a lot of the lore of the game, but also getting tired of hearing much the same thing from 20 different people (in Morrowind, you quickly learn not to ask everyone about everything, but it's presented differently in KoA.) I also do remember the Fae stuff being some of the most interesting.

Ok, show hands now! Who asked for this?
Game is a grind-fest with some silver linings. Also, after half the game you are so over-powered already that every fight becomes trivial… and boring.
Yeah nobody asked for this except some real weirdos.

This is probably the 2nd worst RPG I ever tried to play. The worst being Oblivion.

I finished the game, but about 1/3-1/2 of the way through I became so insanely bored that I just rushed the rest of the game, skipping everything I possibly could, didn't fully explore, didn't do all quests, etc. Which is extremely rare for me.

Whoever said people were comparing this to DA:O: don't waste your time, not only are they not even remotely similar games, but the quality of the two isn't even in the same league. Maybe not even on the same planet.

R. A. Salvatore wrote (part of) the lore. So there is no surprise it is the only strong suit of the game.

Great action RPG with YSAs Hardcore mod. I hope they fix the balance with this remaster.

When I think of RPGs I'd like to see remastered, I think of games like Ultima Underworld, Betrayal at Krondor, Dark Sun, etc.

Instead, we get this…

BaK would be a dream come true. Still my all time favorite.

Some of it was reminescent of Morrowind, and that wasn't by accident since Ken Rolston was involved in both at a high level. I remember liking a lot of the lore of the game, but also getting tired of hearing much the same thing from 20 different people (in Morrowind, you quickly learn not to ask everyone about everything, but it's presented differently in KoA.) I also do remember the Fae stuff being some of the most interesting.
That explain it.
I had an actual great time discovering the Faes and their habits, but as you said, there's too much lore dumps.

I have the same problem with Elex right now.
Due to the open world nature of the game, the devs don't know wich characters you will talk to and in what order, so they end up giving every NPC a sort of recap dialog of the overall situation.
If you talk to everybody, it's very redondant…

Is this a late April Fool’s joke? A ’re-master’ would probably qualify as my best gaming example of putting lipstick on a pig.
Sadly no it's another case of THQ Nordic making money off others work.:(

Recap: They buy IP's by the bulk from failed publishers/developers.

I'm absolutely stunned by this. With all the truly popular games that would benefit from a re-master (and lead to sales and money), why would this even happen? I know there was a fair amount of hype for this game before it released because R.A. Salvatore was involved, but the sales never materialized. Maybe somebody thinks there is still some missed potential there? Can they squeeze a little more blood out of that stone?

I suppose there are better games to deserve a remaster but I booted it up again and I think it still looks fine. I like the quests, the story, audio,characters could be better I guess.
This is a game where the Owner of the studio,Kurt Schilling, completely spoiled the development team and gave them everything they ever wanted. They were working on a MMO using the same gameworld and back history. I just re-rolled the credits and it was a huge team and undertaking. They even blew through 75 million of Rhode Island's money. Plus the money Schilling put up.
Should have been the game of the century.

I'm not all worried about THQ making money. Those employees were taken care of and coddled. They had a dream job for years. I remember reading employee comments about how wonderful Curt had been to all of them.

I didn't ask for this. I still remember the promise this game had shortly before release, and just how awful it was when you actually played it. It was just.....bad. I wouldn't play this again ever,, even if it were free.

Can't understand the negativity here. Never came round to playing the game more than for a couple of hours, but in those hours I had fun playing a magic user - and I have normally zero fun playing a magic user or a non melee char whatsoever.

Whatever the outcome is, I don't think anyone is losing anything.

Back
Top Bottom