Any good RPG board game recomendarions?

WillisWill

Traveler
Hey all, once upon a time pre-pandemic, me and my friends would meet up once a week to play Dungeons and dragons. From there we started playing some fun rpg board games like battle mage and gloomhaven.

But in the last year with everything going on, i haven't been able to keep up with new good RPG games. I thumbed through a few articles about RPG board game articles, but honestly i have no idea where to start.

What would you all suggest? We had an absolute blast with Gloomhaven.

Talisman is a classic. I still haven't played it myself, but there is a new edition out there.

Apart from that, I only know of a few TDE ("The Dark Eye" RPG system) related board games.

Unfortunately my own circle of friends is too far widespread so that I couldn't play many board games in the recent years.

If you want a more … action ? … approach, then you could try out Munchkin.

Gloomhaven is one of my all times favorites too. My other two favorite campaign based co-op games are

Middara
Arkham Horror The Living Card Game

Arkham Horror you have to buy a lot of different stuff for unfortunately but is amazing once you do. The starter scenarios in the first box aren’t very good.

Kindgdom Death Monster and Tainted grail mentioned above are both interesting games but with controversial features you may or may not enjoy as a gloomhaven player. You could also try Descent 2 which Gloomhaven is based on, though it may be a letdown after gloomhaven.

City of Kings I own but have never played. It’s not campaign based, but looks interesting.

Lots of promising new games coming too including Frosthaven (Gloomhaven 2).

Back
Top Bottom