Bethesda Softworks - Twitter Tease

Yeah, the Rage lady is a bit on the nose, and makes you wonder. They do seem to be playing silly buggers.

I'm puzzled by the Tokyo one, and I also note that the rocket scene has rolling green fields in the background, which would be a bit odd for a launch site...

https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/11/bethesdas-e3-2018-showcase-longest-yet/
Pete Hines, shared this little tidbit on Twitter yesterday. “We have a lot to show you this year. Might be our longest E3 Showcase ever? Not sure, but it’s packed,” Hines said.
In other words, the showcase will last for 5 hours and 14 minutes. At least that's a plan. You don't believe me? Cmon, twitching just one tetris level can take up such time.

I like the puzzles. The only problem is that these are mainly to get people talking, and don't necessarily make much sense. Could be like a bad cryptic crossword clue, where you puzzle on it for ages, then eventually read the solution and exclaim, "WTF? That makes no sense whatsoever you @#*&$!"

That ain't puzzles. That tweet.

The images, with pink, might be about different games too.

Rocket =Starfield, Big Ben = Wolfenstein 2 related?, Tokyo square = The Evil Within related?

I grabbed Rage a few years ago from the bargain bin, I think I paid maybe three bucks for it. I'd say I got maybe a dollars' worth of value out of the game, it really wasn't that good, and not something I'd ever replay.

So, if this is for Rage the second, no thanks!

What was the source for that? There's a lot of phony Starfield stuff going around.
Here you go an old forum thread from Bethesda's forum.

Link - https://bethesda.net/community/topic/50946/starfield?lang=en-US&page=1

Really not much beyond the IP registration and scant details.
I've never even heard of Rage. I guess I'm not as big of a Bethesda flunky as I thought. Ok Id, not Bethesda Softworks.
Yeah Bethesda Softworks their parent publishing division. It was developed by id Software and was the first game to use the id Tech 5 engine.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(video_game)

Last edited:
Rage looked spectecular for the time (popping-in of the "mega-textures" aside). Apart from the recycled areas you had to visit time and again I liked it. Although the finale was very anticlimatic.

Not sure anybody is waiting for Rage 2, but if they reinvent it, it could work out (see Wolfenstein).

Rage looked spectecular for the time (popping-in of the "mega-textures" aside). Apart from the recycled areas you had to visit time and again I liked it. Although the finale was very anticlimatic.

Not sure anybody is waiting for Rage 2, but if they reinvent it, it could work out (see Wolfenstein).

Not out of the box it didn't for PC users. That would be me and half the playerbase…

"Rage's launch on the PC in 2011 was marred with flaws, resulting in performance problems like texture pop-in and screen tearing. John Carmack, co-founder of id Software, acknowledged these problems in this year's QuakeCon keynote speech and has formally apologized for the shaky release."

I distinctly remember the words "clusterfuck" being used by him in one presentation after the game had launched. Rage 2… meh

Not out of the box it didn't for PC users. That would be me and half the playerbase…

"Rage's launch on the PC in 2011 was marred with flaws, resulting in performance problems like texture pop-in and screen tearing. John Carmack, co-founder of id Software, acknowledged these problems in this year's QuakeCon keynote speech and has formally apologized for the shaky release."

I distinctly remember the words "clusterfuck" being used by him in one presentation after the game had launched. Rage 2… meh

Yeah, you are right! I guess the experimentation with the new technology didn't go as smoothly as hoped. Was there any other game ever using "mega-textures?"

Towards the end of the game you could see they ran out of time/money.

Yeah, you are right! I guess the experimentation with the new technology didn't go as smoothly as hoped. Was there any other game ever using "mega-textures?"
Well the following games did use the same engine and texture streaming.

1. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  2. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  3. Wolfenstein 2
  4. The Evil Within
  5. The Evil Within 2
  6. Dishonored 2
I mostly noticed the same blurred pop-up texture problem with the Wolfenstein games, but optimization was more improved with the latest version which is called id Tech 6.

Last edited:
Pete Hines seemingly got angry because Rage 2 was leaked, a game nobody (and I can bet not even him) asked for. And yes, I say this because I played Rage 1 but you don't need to spread this.

And I can't even wish them "huge success with Rage 2", "all the best in the world" etc etc because… they would do a Rage 3.

Last edited:
Pete Hines seemingly got angry

Maybe its part of their PR campaign. Its Rage, after all… ;)

BTW: I wonder how sci-fi open world from Bethesda could look like now… Like F4 in sci-fi setting? With flying over surface of planets? Something more streamlined? 2 dialogue options instead of 4?

I remember when they were a seemingly relevant company. That day has long passed, at least for me.

They became mainstream... Their only meh games of the last 7 years was Fallout 4. They published some nice games, like Dishonored and apparently the latest Wolfenstein was pretty good (not my type of game, so word of mouth impressions).

Back
Top Bottom