Morrowind - Overhaul Project Released

The Nehrim guys made their mod work with a single installer. How are these guys unable to do that? Are they that much worse? Could they ask the Nehrim guys for help on how to set that up?

Been reading the other thread and it seems that FPS may be an issue for some. I wonder what PC hardware will run Morrowind Overhaul with decent FPS.

spiraling69, give us an idea what kind of RPG style you like and we can give you a good answer.

Very nice!! So I see the game is $20 on STEAM. Any place to find it cheaper online?

The Nehrim guys made their mod work with a single installer. How are these guys unable to do that? Are they that much worse? Could they ask the Nehrim guys for help on how to set that up?

This is a bit different.
Morrowind with these tools needs a tweaking for EACH PC.
You can't use a default configuration or it simply will not work, or it will work bad.
And not to mention the personal tastes, everyone has to choose his settings.

Also, thanks for the news :)

Hmm, I've played morrowind many times but lost my saved games. Annoying. From what I understand they will release more mods with gameplay and quest modifications as well? So maybe its better to wait before installing?

That's quite unfair to compare to since the Nehrim install itn't even nearly as advanced.

MGE changes the graphics to a whole new level with completely new shaders (more "next gen" than Oblivion's shaders), much better draw distance, new FOV, lots and lots of other stuff.

The Code Patch alters the .exe file to fix bugs and it even makes some additions to the game. Quite unbeliavable they've acutally manged to do that without having access to the source code.

What you should be comparing it to is to install everything manually, then you'll understand how easy this really is. I probably spent weeks installing MGE and mods the first time (100 or so mods) heh, this is nothing..

for one reason or another, I never had the chance to play or even know the lore behind Morrowind. Is it worth trying?

Do you enjoy free roaming RPG's then of course, it's the best one (and imo the most beautiful one) out there.

It does require a very good computer though to get a smooth (30'ish) framerate.

for one reason or another, I never had the chance to play or even know the lore behind Morrowind. Is it worth trying?

I played morrowind first (ofcourse) and found oblivion only better at SOME graphic related stuff. Overall to me morrowind is the best RPG with an open world. Well except fallout 1/2 then, there even better ;).
However morrowind is alot more complex, read less streamlined. Ofcourse to me this is an PLUS. Oblivion is way to simply in that respect.

I do not understand why the install cannot be made (even) more simplyfied?

This actually looks better than Oblivion xD . The only problem will be the installing.
Well, it's not that hard.

I do not understand why the install cannot be made (even) more simplyfied?
Because you can't skip the MGE or code patch processes with pre-defined options.
Every PC must have its individual configuration.

well,
why do you have enter a plane or a helicopter to fly?

It's simply not possible.
This is a 10 year old game. to archieve graphics similar in quality to Oblivions you have to do many tweaks, that go really in depth, like (as far as I comprehended) DirectX settings, that are the base to the whole rendering process. The Morrowind.exe gets decompiled to optimize it and so on. these are changes, that are usually to be made by professionals. Morrowind Overhaul makes it possible for almost any user who can spare half of a day to carefully read and follow the installation instruction to heavily change the looks of Morrowind.

And if youre having trouble with the installations you can get quick help in the forums...

Having to know technical aspects of a thing - like for installation process, in this case - is also often a hindrance for those who just don't want to or don't even have the skill to medle about wth technology.
There *are* people out there who just want to play.
On the other hnd, for modders or for other people having good knowledge of the technics of this main game, the installation is a thing of seconds, probably (what i mean in German : "die Installation ist für sie ein Klacks").

Well, it's not that hard.

Because you can't skip the MGE or code patch processes with pre-defined options.
Every PC must have its individual configuration.

Ok, guess making that step automated is alot of work?
anyhow iam glad you made a good effort and because of this effort iam gonna replay one of the greatest RPG ever.

Checked out the video for this. Wow. Now I've got to get my lazzy butt to the basement to go through that giant cardboard box of doom to find my GOTY disks!

Back
Top Bottom