|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Released

Default Kingmaker - Released

September 29th, 2018, 03:57
Originally Posted by Rhawkas View Post
Honestly, the kingdom management thing is a big turn-off for me and it's kind of a bummer to see how many RPGs are including base management type stuff. The castle in PoE, the kingdom in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, settlement management in Fallout 4, base management in Dead State. I just want to play a group of adventurers on an adventure in RPGs, not put down roots and prepare for retirement. If I wanted to run a kingdom or empire then I would play a game dedicated to that genre.
There is an option to let kingdom run on it's own…. I think azarhal posted it somewhere… Can you please confirm, @azarhal ?
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 05:23
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
There is an option to let kingdom run on it's own…. I think azarhal posted it somewhere… Can you please confirm, @azarhal ?
It's in the options menu.
Last edited by TheRealFluent; September 30th, 2018 at 03:26.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 06:14
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
That's just Ripper at halloween party.
Poor Ripper. Instead of being hung like a horse, he has the face of one.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
+1:

September 29th, 2018, 11:58
By the way, I really like the tactical-time key, especially when remapped to my mouse. This feature is a great idea.

An option to bump up the size of the text would be nice. I saw a dev say they wanted to add it in a patch for dialogues. I hope they haven't forgotten.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 12:13
Looks promising. But the time limits for quests are a bit off-putting. Any opinions on those?

LordConti

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 12:44
90 day is plenty time to finish first chapter without a problem. Im sitting at 60+ days, heading for the final boss fight.

Just like Expeditions: Vikings, there is no issue unless you are absolutely clueless.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

September 29th, 2018, 14:18
https://steamcommunity.com/app/64082…6911747925939/
For fucks sake!

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

September 29th, 2018, 15:38
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
https://steamcommunity.com/app/64082…6911747925939/
For fucks sake!
That makes a huge difference. I'm getting a lot more exp now. Wish I would have known this before my characters were 4th lvl
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 15:42
Wow, that's quite a serious thing for no developer to have not noticed by now. I guess it is best not to always assume things, I never even looked at this setting until I read those posts.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 15:44
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
That makes a huge difference. I'm getting a lot more exp now. Wish I would have known this before my characters were 4th lvl
On the Codex they reckon it's a display bug - that when you turn off the XP sharing with absent members it announces on screen that you get lots more XP, but if you monitor your character stats, you're not really.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 15:45
Hmmmm, well considering that it could honestly go either way, I guess we'll need the developers to research the issue then weigh in on the discussion.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 29th, 2018, 19:49
I would just like to thank those of you who are continuing to beta test this game for the rest of us.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 20:10
The crappy state in which most games are released nowadays make phrases like alpha build, early access or beta test meaningless. Devs should at least refer to the first month after release as gamma test or early release. Definitely something less offensive than full release.

Ron Obvious

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 21:26
Yeah I've had a hard rule the last five years or so about not playing a game during the first week or month of release, and I'm sure I'll be returning to that philosophy real soon. The current state most games are released in leave much to be desired, and it's good to keep that in mind at all times.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 29th, 2018, 22:29
It was maybe released too early but I'm having a fun time playing. I have not encountered any major bugs yet. So far it's in the running for my game of the year. I haven't played too many new games this year though. Been replaying many of my favorites.

I don't like how much it costs to make companions though. I'm lvl 4 and wanted to make a Ranger and it cost 8000 gold.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 23:22
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Heads up. The patch today broke hiring mercenaries. I'm not sure what else got broken, but hirelings are a thing of the past for now. That means I'll mothball this most likely. Let it sit for a couple weeks and try again.
Should be fixed in the current patch.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

September 30th, 2018, 02:09
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I would just like to thank those of you who are continuing to beta test this game for the rest of us.
You are welcome I'm having so much fun and getting a thanks from people, so pretty good deal!

Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
It was maybe released too early but I'm having a fun time playing. I have not encountered any major bugs yet. So far it's in the running for my game of the year. I haven't played too many new games this year though. Been replaying many of my favorites.

I don't like how much it costs to make companions though. I'm lvl 4 and wanted to make a Ranger and it cost 8000 gold.
Also my game of the year

Once you are done with chapter 1, you will meet an elf who buys old relics for heaps of money - that will help you get custom companions. Make sure you hold on to items which appears to be junk but has blue(?) circles around (like enhanced items).
--

purpleblob

Princess

September 30th, 2018, 02:22
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Once you are done with chapter 1, you will meet an elf who buys old relics for heaps of money - that will help you get custom companions. Make sure you hold on to items which appears to be junk but has blue(?) circles around (like enhanced items).
They are in their own panel in the inventory, I think it's the "cube""urn" icon. I learned about this after I sold all the old coins I found….*cry*

Although, I'm thinking of restarting once I finish chapter 1. Inquisitor is fun, but I want to try something else.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

September 30th, 2018, 02:26
Yeah, I did that too in my first run, sucks all those sweet gold I missed out on!!

I'm having blast with my fighter/mage, soon to be an Eldritch Knight pushing on with chapter 2, since I played chapter 1 at least 5 times by now….
--

purpleblob

Princess

September 30th, 2018, 03:27
Anything that says an antiquities collector or craftsman would be interested in, hang on to. I learned that the hard way, too.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Released