Felipe's cRPG Book - Open call for reviews

sounds good, on U3 and the so-called "Silent Era"

but I'm not your best guy for Bard's Tale - my brother would even be better.

but keep in mind how much I did with NWN- hosted server for 6 years, 15000+ unique in accounts, , 6000 member forum 75 users at once. I even wrote the fix for VFX circles that was implemented into the game. I was interviewed for two weeks for Bioware Wednesday by Jay Wamaniuk and I was asked by him to judge teh first mod contest.
K', fuck it. My book, I can break the rules sometimes. You'll write on NWN. :p

More even, you'll be one of the very few to have FOUR pages; 2 for the game, 2 for module recommendation. And I'll PM you with the details on the silent era article.

Sounds nice? :biggrin:

c u tomorrow - hopefully with a few more volunteers in this thread...

Greetings Felipepepe

Many moons ago I once wrote a somewhat gushing fan review of Bard's Tale III for Lemon64.com, certainly one of my favourite games of all time. (Check the site if curious, I believe it's still there...)

I'd definitely be interested in retracing those steps (whilst avoiding spinners and anti-magic zones naturally) and having a go at the Bard's Tale review, if someone hasn't already claimed it now. :)

K', My book, I can break the rules sometimes. You'll write on NWN. :p

More even, you'll be one of the very few to have FOUR pages; 2 for the game, 2 for module recommendation. And I'll PM you with the details on the silent era article.

Sounds nice? :biggrin:

oops - what am I getting myself into?

anyway, I can probably slap something together. writing is never hard for me when I get on a roll.

I'd definitely be interested in retracing those steps (whilst avoiding spinners and anti-magic zones naturally) and having a go at the Bard's Tale review, if someone hasn't already claimed it now. :)
Nice. Honestly, I never played those, but from my research the trilogy is pretty much the same game, with more stuff, not really warranting different entries.

What you think, are you ok with a 2 page review, focusing on BT 1, but also mentioning the sequels at the end?

anyway, I can probably slap something together. writing is never hard for me when I get on a roll.
I'll PM you Craig's text. :biggrin:

Was looking through the list again... I didn't know Dynasty Warriors 4 can be count as an RPG... lol. (I've only played 5 and 6).

There are some games on the list that are borderline CRPGs or no CRPGs at all, but considered interesting for CRPG players. Makes the book more interesting and open minded.
And this has some educational value, too: Because the readers have to ask themselves "What is a CRPG (for me)?" :)

Greetings Felipepepe

Many moons ago I once wrote a somewhat gushing fan review of Bard's Tale III for Lemon64.com, certainly one of my favourite games of all time. (Check the site if curious, I believe it's still there…)

I consider Bard's Tale 2 the best of the triology.
I still get goosebumps when thinking about some levels in the crypt.
It took me 2 month to finish this game and I was still in school back then and had a lot of time.

oops - what am I getting myself into?

You better mention some of the great SP mods also. I have played almost every mod there is except for the MP ones. I mean it as I will hold you accountable.;)

I would help but sadly I hate writing articles, and I prefer to do interviews.

Last edited:
Buggler at the JA forums just gave me the best ideia ever: a box gallery at the end.

I was really sad of not being able to fit the amazing boxarts of some games, but this solves everything. I'll just make a 6-8 page gallery at the end, with all of them. :D

If you need some box scans - just tell me - I have tons of boxed games and a good scanner.

If you can't find someone else for Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul - I'll review it.
I have a heart for the forgotten underdogs.

Is this PC only? If not... I'd love to see Ambermoon and Amberstar before HiddenX' Albion. ;)

(I'm not good at writing though, so ...)

Ambermoon and Amberstar (1992) are on the list (PC versions exist)
They should be reviewed together.

You better mention some of the great SP mods also. I have played almost every mod there is except for the MP ones. I mean it as I will hold you accountable.;)

I would help but sadly I hate writing articles, and I prefer to do interviews.

ok, I'll bite. Did you try mine?

I'll certainly mention the Premium Mods and some of the free ones they gave away.

I have very good memories about these NWN-mods:

The Aielund saga
A Dance with Rogues, Part One & Part Two
Darkness over Daggerford
Tales of Arterra
Tortured Hearts 1 & 2
Rose of Eternity

I played many more, but these are still in my head.

ok, I'll bite. Did you try mine?
No I'm sorry to say I haven't as I rarely played MP mods, or as they call them game worlds. They didn't appeal to me all that much.
I have very good memories about these NWN-mods:

The Aielund saga
A Dance with Rogues, Part One & Part Two
Darkness over Daggerford
Tales of Arterra
Tortured Hearts 1 & 2
Rose of Eternity

I played many more, but these are still in my head.
Those are some of the better ones HiddenX. I mentioned a few other mods for purpleblob in another thread on the forums last month.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139&page=310

I could make a longer list of all the released SP mods if needed. I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't know about some of them.

The Girl in Ill Humour was strictly a single player mod. Playing MP on it would probably break it but not if you're a DM.

It was my big foray into SP modding goodness.

I didn't have internet when NWN was released, so I have no idea of what you guys are talking about. Luckily, someone will write a nice guide on what I should try after finishing this book. :)

PS:
Arhu can write - recruit him for Amberstar, he's just lazy :)

Back
Top Bottom