The TV Series discussion thread

I've been keeping up with Cobra Kai since the episodes are being released for free on Wednesdays, so far the second series is just as enjoyable as the first. Seeing this show actually forced me to re-watch the first two films again, just to have the context set correctly in my head for current viewings.

OMG but why?
The second movie sucked and it's best to forget it was ever made (the third was even worse).

Or it's my broken heart. See, there was a pilot for sci fi show that will later become one of most beloved sci fi shows ever - Babylon 5. In that pilot there was this girl who nailed the role and I couldn't wait to see her in next episodes.
What happened? She left the show right after pilot for whatever reason. It was Tamlyn Tomita.

I'm not saying Babylon 5 would end up better if she stayed on board. But she broke my heart.

Ehhh, I didn't find the second film that bad, certainly not compared to the dreck that sees release these days. It certainly doesn't compare to the first movie, and as for the third, I've never seen that one nor have the urge to do so.

Watched the first Batgirl episode. It was mmm… okay, I guess. Lesbian love scenarios don't really tickle my fancy, but I'll probably watch a few more and see if it catches my interest. In general I'm not a big fan of CB-style touchie-feelie dramas though.

Hero: okay, let me stop saving the world now so we can talk about our feelings… *sob*

Got Amazon prime. I caved in to the one free month while ordering something.

The offering of Amazon prime video never looked spectacular but I enjoyed

- The boys
Still halfway season 1. Can't say much about it yet. The opening scene was memorable and promising, but it slowed down a bit.

- The magicians
Finished season 1. Some time since I watched a scify show. It has this strange mix of pristine high school boys and girls with occasional brutal bloody acts and unexpected deaths. Apparently that was the goal of the book it is based on: mix of Harry Potter and Narnia.

Might try good omens too. And of course the expanse and Picard too, if released within one month :)

Last edited:
I tried watching that Batgirl show, found myself reaching for a book ten minutes in so I gave up. Most of the superhero shows seem to be ok the first season, then quickly go off the rails and the characters just wind up complaining during most of the episodes.

Goliath - Amazon Prime series with Billy Bob Thornton. The first (of three) seasons is ok/above average; it does well as a courtroom and mystery drama. Unfortunately, by the second season, it's already going off the rails with more and more cliche and harder to believe plot devices. Which, in itself, would have simply made for a subpar season if not for the entire point of the season (saving a child) ending in complete failure of a dead end. Just a horrible, pointless plot.

And then we have the third season. Hoping it would be better than the terrible second season, I was astounded to find it even worse, even more preposterous halfway into the first episode. Gone was the courtroom drama entirely and instead it proceeds down a path of Native American dark magic (really) in what can only be assumed to be some wanna-be David Lynch setup. Stopped watching.

I've been watching the first season of Emergence. At first I was a little skeptical about this being another derivative series, but by the end of the third episode I'm thinking, "Wait, what is she?" It's almost getting interesting now. The cast is decent too.

Last edited:
I've checked out the first episodes of Emergence, so far it seems a bit slow but I have hopes that it may turn into something quite good. The cast pulled me in, now I just need a good tale to sustain it.

Final season of Mr. Robot is playing. As usual the series continues to mess with the viewer's head. Every single character in the series is messed up in some way. It's enjoyable though.

Every single character in the series is messed up in some way.
This was the reason I found the show unwatchable - no sympathetic characters.

Just finished watching the first episode of Watchmen. I had low expectations and I was still disappointed. I doubt I'll watch another episode.

Just finished watching the first episode of Watchmen. I had low expectations and I was still disappointed. I doubt I'll watch another episode.

I found it alright... but I certainly hope it gets a lot better as the season continues - it was a very underwhelming pilot.

Finished Breaking Bad for the 3rd time, still great. Might be my favorite TV series of all time.

Tried two episodes of Hinterland. I really love the atmosphere of Wales. It's not grabbing me though, the cases or the characters, don't like the pacing either.

I started watching S3 of Stranger Things directly when it came out. I'm still not finished. It's like those games i started 5 years ago and got halfway through and i feel "i really should finish it, someday." but i never do.

Walking Dead. I'm on S8. This season is really not very good. I've heard good things about S9 though so i'll continue. This is still the best zombie survival TV series imo, some really great actors and characters that you actually care for.

Tried two episodes of Hinterland. I really love the atmosphere of Wales. It's not grabbing me though, the cases or the characters, don't like the pacing either.
Can't comment other three titles.
Lack of time prevents me from watching Stranger Things third season (although I adored the first two).
Those two other shows are on my "don't touch even with a pole" blacklist.

Hinterland however I have to agree. It has the exact level of exoticism I desperately need recently. But is slow as ME1 elevators, maybe even slower. After a sort of suffering through it's first season I will never return to it.

I've also quite enjoyed Hinterland, a show I consider police drama almost at its' finest. The methodical pacing, the cast choices, and the locations all make it superb, other shows trying to do something similar could learn a lot from this one.

Finished Breaking Bad for the 3rd time, still great. Might be my favorite TV series of all time.

Definitely one of my favorites. Have you watched El Camino yet?

Walking Dead. I'm on S8. This season is really not very good. I've heard good things about S9 though so i'll continue. This is still the best zombie survival TV series imo, some really great actors and characters that you actually care for.

TWD is mostly crap now and has been for quite some time. I haven't really enjoyed it since Season 5. At this point, I think the majority of people still watching only want to see how it ends.

I've also quite enjoyed Hinterland, a show I consider police drama almost at its' finest. The methodical pacing, the cast choices, and the locations all make it superb, other shows trying to do something similar could learn a lot from this one.

I can see why people would really enjoy it. Its very different from the usual hollywood movies or american detective series. It has a thick atmosphere all over it.. I liked Broadchurch better though, more engaging characters.

@JDR13; yeah, i even had my timer set for that one hehe. It was ok, not great. Had some tense moments that i enjoyed.

I enjoyed it to S6, then stopped after watching S7 and yes now i've continued. Did you finish S9?

I enjoyed it to S6, then stopped after watching S7 and yes now i've continued. Did you finish S9?

Yeah, and I thought it was just as mediocre as seasons 6-8. They introduce a new antagonist, and there's one episode with a memorable ending, but otherwise it's mostly forgettable.

Back
Top Bottom