Phoenix Point - Cthulhu Update 1.6

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted the Cthulhu Update 1.6 for Phoenix Point:

Phoenix Point v. Cthulhu 1.6 - 30/07/2020

REMINDER: it is highly advisable to start a new campaign after this patch to make everything work smoothly. You will still be able to load old saves, but the game experience might be flawed.

If you want to continue with your old save games, we recommend not updating the game. If you have auto-update enabled on Epic Launcher, you can run the game from the .exe file on your PC (without using Epic Games Launcher). This way, the game will not update.

Geoscape
Phoenix Bases

• The first base at the start of the game is the only Active one. Players need to locate and activate the rest of the Phoenix Bases.
  • The remaining Phoenix Bases can be located after researching Phoenix Archives.
  • Inactive Phoenix Bases need to be activated by paying resources.
  • Inactive Phoenix Bases can be revealed to be Infected Bases upon activation. The percentages of a Phoenix Base being infected vary. If a Phoenix Base is covered in Mist then the chances of it being Infected are increased. The Infected Bases will have Pandoran enemies in them and need to be cleared out before they can be used.
  • When a Satellite Uplink in a base is built or repaired it begins scanning with increasing range, revealing sites as it expands. Scavenging, Haven and Exploration Sites are located this way.
  • When a base is attacked without soldiers, or not defended, the base is not destroyed. Instead, all the facilities in the base are damaged. The soldiers are not affected.
  • Food Production facility now requires the "Fungal Food Production" research in order to unlock it.
Exploration

• Active Scanning has been removed.
  • Reduced the number of overall sites on the Geoscape.
  • Reaching a Haven will reveal nearby sites.
Pandoran Evolution

• Pandorans start off without any weapons or mutations. They now have their own research and evolution system that develops over the course of the game.
  • Every time the Pandorans unlock a new stage in their evolution an event on the Geoscape will appear with detailed information about the new developments.
  • Number of Pandoran Bases has been reduced. There is now a maximum concurrent number for each type of base.
  • Pandorans unlock the building of Lairs and Citadels through their own research
  • Dynamic difficulty has been changed so that it affects the rate of pandoran evolution, not the amount of enemies deployed.
Human population census

• ODI has been removed.
  • Human Population Census has been added that will track the total population of humanity.
  • Protecting Havens is more important as the player has to prevent the total human population from reaching a certain threshold (based on difficulty level).
  • Reduced the total number of Havens in the Geoscape.
  • Increased the rewards from successfully defending Havens.
  • Haven facilities will break down if the population gets too low.
  • Phoenix can assist havens by repairing their structures.
Tactical
Abilities

• Armor Break - reduced the cost from 4 WP to 3. Reduced the shred stat to 30. Shred is spread across each individual bullet.
  • Rage Burst - Cost increased from 5 to 7 WP. Functionality reworked: Shoot 5 times spread across an arc with a direct-fire weapon.
  • Adrenaline Rush - Dazes the unit next turn after using it.
  • Rally the Troops - Renamed: Onslaught. Functionality reworked: An ally within 10 tiles recovers 2 Action Points.
  • Electric Reinforcement - Armor bonus no longer stacks.
  • Dash - Movement range reduced from 75% to 50%. Limited to 2 uses per turn.
  • Mark for Death - Each hit from an attack or individual round gets +10 damage instead of 50% more.
  • Reckless - Damage reduced from 30% to 20%.
[...]
More information.

1595715646_132976.gif

I mean seriously? Can we hear or see some originality somewhere without "buzzwords" that, at least to me, became irritating due to overuse.

So how many more content updates and DLC's are left to release?

EPIC!
This Wall of Text update info - I haven't read - definitely must mean there is something nice going on with the development, when the game reaches Steam, we will have a full fledged product on our grubby hands!

Quite an update. Time to give this another try. I had found some of the missions and maps a bit overdone and classes needed balancing so glad to see they are working hard to improve the game. Late 2020 is best I could find for a Steam release.

Btw - Othercide might be worth your time if like turn-based games. Do check out some of the Steam reviews and/or metacritic posts beforehand though. It is very challenging and they need to improve the mission variety.

EPIC!
This Wall of Text update info - I haven't read - definitely must mean there is something nice going on with the development, when the game reaches Steam, we will have a full fledged product on our grubby hands!

That certainly is optimistic! The fact that they're still reworking basic game mechanics this long after release is the opposite of encouraging to me.

Back
Top Bottom