|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

February 16th, 2018, 05:35
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
What rare pleasures they are, too!

Risen 2 is an underrated gem. It's one of the RPGs where I beat it and then said to myself, "Damn. I want more." And that was after 60 hours.

Risen 3 is really good, too. I think you'll enjoy it when you get there.
I confess I approached Risen 2 with caution because I've read here that "the pirate setting is not any good etc etc". I was really cautionary when I begun playing it. Unnecessary caution, IMHO. I'm enjoygin it without moderation now

If Risen 3 follows the same steps (and I probably will begin it as soon as I finish Risen 2), I'll surely will appreciate it too. Fluent, mind you… I never played any Gothic games before (OK OK, I played Gothic 1 for what???? 5 minutes??? And then I gave it up because of the awkward controls. That doesn't count ) and I'm really liking the Risen series so far.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
+1:

February 16th, 2018, 06:25
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
I confess I approached Risen 2 with caution because I've read here that "the pirate setting is not any good etc etc". I was really cautionary when I begun playing it. Unnecessary caution, IMHO. I'm enjoygin it without moderation now

If Risen 3 follows the same steps (and I probably will begin it as soon as I finish Risen 2), I'll surely will appreciate it too. Fluent, mind you… I never played any Gothic games before (OK OK, I played Gothic 1 for what???? 5 minutes??? And then I gave it up because of the awkward controls. That doesn't count ) and I'm really liking the Risen series so far.
Risen 1 is more like the Gothic series, IMO. Risen 2 and 3 have some of the "Gothic Formula" but are also different. Piranha Bytes hasn't made a bad game yet, so you can't go wrong with any of them, IMO.

Glad you're enjoying them. And have fun with NWN:EE as well!

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)

February 17th, 2018, 18:33
I've been playing Tales of Zestiria for the past five days, not sure I'll stick with it as I'm finding it far too actioney for me. I'm enjoying the story a lot, so I might just stick it out for the reason, but the combat is like a full time workout.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 19th, 2018, 15:02
*sigh*
Man, ditch that grinder. Play Berseria then watch Zestiria anime on Crunchyroll.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

February 19th, 2018, 18:03
Well I finished it, but that is a game I'll never replay. Made me too afraid to jump right into Bersia, so I fired up Final Fantasy Zodiac instead. I've played about six hours so far and it feels almost like an mmo, although I do like how they do the combat and licenses.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 19th, 2018, 23:03
I haven't had much time for gaming lately due to my work schedule, but I recently installed Mass Effect: Andromeda and will probably start that tonight or tomorrow.

Any tips for character creation/development or does the free respeccing make it irrelevant?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

February 19th, 2018, 23:22
Playing Warbanners right now. Fun fantasy tactics game where you control a relatively large party of mercenaries. Very linear with side quest options but most of the scenarios are part of the main campaign. You can choose different mercenaries, from your normal medieval soldier types to mages, priests, dwarven troop and elven troops. Each mercenary can be equipped with 1 artifact and 1 potion, and they level up with choices of stat bonuses or special abilities.

Cronis

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 01:08
Does not really matter, choose how you enjoy playing at least IMHO

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

February 20th, 2018, 02:33
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
*sigh*
Man, ditch that grinder. Play Berseria then watch Zestiria anime on Crunchyroll.
Speaking of grinders….

I got hooked on Factorio for the last couple weeks. There is a threshold I reach before I want to start over. Usually around oil processing. I enjoy the challenges tho.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 04:08
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I haven't had much time for gaming lately due to my work schedule, but I recently installed Mass Effect: Andromeda and will probably start that tonight or tomorrow.

Any tips for character creation/development or does the free respeccing make it irrelevant?
Get all passives regardless of "class" and get healing per hit from tech tree. The rest is up to you, it's not possible to fail.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
+1:

February 20th, 2018, 05:08
I focussed on the damage dealing and defensive passives first for 2 trees (a gun type and either tech or bionics), and then spread out from there when those were maxed.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 00:19
9th Dawn Classic. This is a fun little game. Graphics are hilarious old school stuff but it has charm.
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

February 23rd, 2018, 10:34
Finally made it to act IV of DDOS 2. What a game!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

February 23rd, 2018, 12:28
Still wandering around Avernum III. It's huge. Huge, I tell ya! I remember the previous games being big, but this is something else.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

February 23rd, 2018, 15:01
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
Still wandering around Avernum III. It's huge. Huge, I tell ya! I remember the previous games being big, but this is something else.
I believe it. Finished Escape from the Pit a few days ago. What a loooong game. Probably going to finish the Geneforge series before playing the next Avernum. I need a breather from those caves!
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

+1:

February 23rd, 2018, 17:58
Still playing Final Fantasy: Zodiac Age, and I hope I'm no where near the end. The best comparison I could make would be to Everquest One, where zoning was a big deal and often meant being able to survive a tough battle. The gambit system in this game is quite fascinating, I'm surprised more games didn't use a similar design or, if some did, I'm not aware of them.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 23rd, 2018, 21:17
And POE 2 will be released shortly. Don't know if I have the stamina for 2 isometric party-based RPGs in a row.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

February 23rd, 2018, 21:58
But it will require 6 to 12 months of patching

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
And POE 2 will be released shortly. Don't know if I have the stamina for 2 isometric party-based RPGs in a row.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2018, 22:00
Doubtful, only for the massively anally retentive.

Played the original on release and it was absolutely fabulous unpatched. Seriously.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

February 23rd, 2018, 22:17
Due to my recent schedule, I still haven't started ME:A like I said I was going to. I did install Outcast - Second Contact though just to try it.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed by what I've seen. I only explored the starting area and part of the first region, but I was surpised by how good the world looks and the atmosphere that goes with it.

Anyone who was on the fence about Outcast, or wanted to play it but was put off by how dated and clunky the original game was, needs to get Second Contact.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?