Black Geyser - Stretch Goals info and a Video

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
With an update a day, there are 3 new updates for Black Geyser. The first is about the new social stretch goal Ay'eda.

For our next social stretch goal we will be introducing a new NPC to the game. Her origins are shrouded in mist, her wares are powerful, and her secrets are expensive. She may guide you towards a brighter future for Isilmerald, or show you the dark road to forbidden knowledge.

What mysteries might she hide in her caravan? What dangers await those willing to listen to her advice? What riches and power might come to those who seek it? Players will be confronted by these questions when they pull back the silken curtain to meet Ay'eda, the Mystic.
The second is about the $100K stretch goal, the convoker class.

Our next stretch goal at 100k offers a brand-new spellcaster class, Convoker.

The convoker eschews most other magical pursuits in favor of the Summoning spell class. Convokers are versatile masters of adaptation; instead of focusing on the icy grasp of a Wintermage or the dark energies of a Necromancer, Convokers call upon a wide range of creatures to suit any needed task. But don't mistake their versatility as pacificity: the summoning abilities they bring to bear can rain destruction on their enemies through claw, flame or steel.
You can visit the links, but there isn't that much more relevant information beyond what is quoted.

And then there is this video:

Below is another video from our ongoing walkthrough, focusing on a short subquest that involves much dialogue and persuasion of greedy NPCs.

More information.

Last edited:
looks very interesting !
BGate vibe :D, thnx for this post !

It does, but again they delivered more of the same: Small areas, Combat and dialogue.

But what about character generation/development, inventory, combat mechanics, spell management, party management, journal/codex, resting mechanics, mini map, area map, overland map, spell diversity, monster/creature diversity, equipment diversity, stealth, brewing & drying, throwing powder etc.?

This just seems sketchy to myself. Er not the concept but that they will actually produce a quality large scale rpg. Then again I felt the same way about kingmaker and they seem to have exceeded all expectations so who knows - i don't.

This just seems sketchy to myself. Er not the concept but that they will actually produce a quality large scale rpg. Then again I felt the same way about kingmaker and they seem to have exceeded all expectations so who knows - i don't.

I'm cautiously optimistic about them making a good/quality RPG. Sometimes optimism and new fresh look on the same concept we had for many years from young team can deliver better product than season veterans that are stuck in the same mindset for years.

So I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best :)

You guys are so naive. What was shown so far does not look to be of high quality.

The convoker? Oh god. Looking forward to seeing the transmancer, necroanter and abjmuter.

Too much weird and mangled use of English in this pitch for me. Even the names on the map and the races just feel a bit off, like a Tolkien word algorithm has gone rogue and started churning out nonsense. Assuming some of the authors are similar, their BG mods at Black Wyrm Lair felt a bit similar to be honest.

It does, but again they delivered more of the same: Small areas, Combat and dialogue.

But what about character generation/development, inventory, combat mechanics, spell management, party management, journal/codex, resting mechanics, mini map, area map, overland map, spell diversity, monster/creature diversity, equipment diversity, stealth, brewing & drying, throwing powder etc.?

Read here:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/black-geyser--couriers-of-darkness-interview-442.html

They already showed inventory, brewing or throwing powder. And they clearly said they still work on combat AI.

Do you really expect them to show you resting or journal or creature/equipment diversity? Well, resting is really exciting material to show. :) And what if they dont have many monsters yet? Or maybe they dont plan to have that many monsters so they dont want to show them and spoil too much. Its legitimate reason. So what should they do? Do you think that suspicious ppl will be content if they show more monsters or item icons in inventory?

Read here:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/black-geyser--couriers-of-darkness-interview-442.html

They already showed inventory, brewing or throwing powder.
Actual gameplay footage? Then I somehow missed it.

Do you really expect them to show you resting or journal or creature/equipment diversity? Well, resting is really exciting material to show. :)
It could indeed be exciting. Check the Pathfinder game. But even if it's not exciting I would see that it indeed works.

And what if they dont have many monsters yet? Or maybe they dont plan to have that many monsters so they dont want to show them and spoil too much.
If they don't have many then they should show some of what they have.
Its legitimate reason. So what should they do? Do you think that suspicious ppl will be content if they show more monsters or item icons in inventory?
Well, I listed some more things than monsters or item icons.

I'm quoting the KS campaign:
A tremendous amount of time, money, and resources have already gone into the development of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness. We are not launching this campaign to start from scratch, but to get through the finish line.

The engine (a tailored, extended version of Unity) and the most important features of the game are already finished.

Most of the game content is also done.
The KS including the updates didn't actually help convincing potential backers that the game indeed just needs to cross the finish line.
I backed the campaign myself and won't pull out but I understand everybody who isn't convinced by the campaign and doesn't pledge.

So many comments this round and not a single mention of pizza? Color me impressed.

Not with the game, obviously, as this video kinda kills my whole, if meager interest - Greed sounded like a cool feature on paper, but now it turns out it's as boring as everything they've showed this far.

On the other hand, the writing seems kinda OK, but the standart is so low these days ...

So many comments this round and not a single mention of pizza? Color me impressed.
Why should I keep repeating myself like certain member's on every news-post.:rolleyes:

Hint: We get it already. You and some others won't be backing/supporting this game. Move on already as we will either get a game in two years or not.

Why should I keep repeating myself like certain member's on every news-post.:rolleyes:

Hint: We get it already. You and some others won't be backing/supporting this game. Move on already as we will either get a game in two years or not.

I'm still not sure you do - it's not about backing the game or not, it's that there are some things in the pitch that just don't add up to the claims being made.

Also, not 2 years, just the one, or are you starting to admit the whole project is not to be believed a word they're saying? Or are we back to arguing the cost of a pizza?

I'm still not sure you do - it's not about backing the game or not, it's that there are some things in the pitch that just don't add up to the claims being made.

Also, not 2 years, just the one, or are you starting to admit the whole project is not to be believed a word they're saying? Or are we back to arguing the cost of a pizza?

According to my calculations, the time people have spent composing posts complaining about this specific Kickstarter, has far exceeded the time it would take to earn the $20 to back it.

shopping_teams.png

According to my calculations, the time people have spent composing posts complaining about this specific Kickstarter, has far exceeded the time it would take to earn the $20 to back it.
Yeah, or alternatively…in the time that you, and 2-3 others, have spent composing all these useless posts about how you're so butthurt that a few other people think this Kickstarter isn't worthy (and have the gall to try to discuss it on a forum!)…you could have earned $20 to toss in as additional money into this Kickstarter, replacing the $20 that one of those people isn't gonna put in.

I don't really think they want to show their game as an AAA, but as a 20$ game, it looks like a good deal.

Yeah, or alternatively…in the time that you, and 2-3 others, have spent composing all these useless posts about how you're so butthurt that a few other people think this Kickstarter isn't worthy (and have the gall to try to discuss it on a forum!)…you could have earned $20 to toss in as additional money into this Kickstarter, replacing the $20 that one of those people isn't gonna put in.

See? Now you're getting it!

Or if we go even deeper, in the time that you, and 2-3 others, have spent composing all these useless posts about how you're so butthurt, that you think a few others are butthurt, about people being butthurt, about how other people will spend their own money, you could have earned $20 to toss in as additional money to add to the pot of now $40, making it $60, and buy one of these lovely Star Wars Christmas sweaters in June:

awesomestufftobuy_star-wars-holiday-sweaters-550x582.jpg

Because YOLO!

9QWc9zX.jpg

My gawd, how deep does the rabbit hole go?!

While I won't deny that I'm butthurt over having to read your repeated butthurt across multiple threads lately, I do have to say, at least my butthurt doesn't take the form of 4-5 pages of useless copy/paste, and large inline images. Stay spammy, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom