Bioshock - Preview & Art Book

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bioshock almost seems the only game in town at the moment. IGN has some hands-on play description from the Xbox 360 demo:
Gamers have been holding their collective breath for a chance to play BioShock. Ironically, that's what is required of the protagonist at the demo's start--grabbing a lungful of air and struggling to the surface. A hunk of wreckage is shown plummeting down into the oceanic depths, and is also used as a rather slick method of orienting the player's point of view: if the debris is falling one way, the surface must be in the opposite direction. Upon breaking through the watery ceiling, players are greeted by the sight of the sea, blackened and glittering from stars twinkling down from the nighttime sky--on fire. Control over the hero's fate was placed into my hopefully-capable hands at this point, and I quickly looked around for some sign of relative safely.
...and Cult of the Rapture has a .pdf art book called Breaking the Mold you can download.
More information.

How friggin' cool is that? they can't release the artwork in the Limited Edition so they just chuck it online for free.

How awesome? Pretty awesome.

nice!
unfortunately i now have to fight the temptation to look at it since it supposedly contains some spoilers.

Only the intro text contains spoilers.

The only new thing in the concept arts themselves are a look at how characters developed (the little sister development is awesome). Skip the text for 60 pages of concept art goodness, no spoilers.

yeah i did that
i lost to temptation:)

neato. I like the art deco meets industrial/steampunk theme.

I see a couple print-worthy things in there, that one full page pic and it's smaller insert of the big daddy holding a little sister (page 38) would make a nice poster.

How friggin' cool is that? they can't release the artwork in the Limited Edition so they just chuck it online for free.

How awesome? Pretty awesome.
Really nice - in this age of everything being sold in micro-transactions, getting something extra for free is just wonderful :)

Back
Top Bottom