Risen - Hotfix 1.01 Released

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver released a fix for the grey fog problem on GeForce 6 & 7 cards. Hotfix 1.01 (international) is only available for retail versions yet. Download services should be offering it in the near future. World of Risen has a list of mirrors.
More information.

I owned one of those 6 series so long ago that its hard to even remember owning one. Pretty cool that they're actually supporting it.

Guess I can skip this one and wait for a proper patch. Great that they address problems and issue a fix this quickly but is the game playable at a decent resolution with cards from the 6 and 7 series? I know it is not Crysis but still...

I owned one of those 6 series so long ago that its hard to even remember owning one. Pretty cool that they're actually supporting it.

A 7900 is the minimum requirement. The rest isn't supported. Especially not the 6xxx. But, well, isn't it nice that nVidia didn't innovate something relevant since the GeForce 6? ;)

Guess I can skip this one and wait for a proper patch. Great that they address problems and issue a fix this quickly but is the game playable at a decent resolution with cards from the 6 and 7 series? I know it is not Crysis but still…

Reports are quite positive. It seems to be playable on such cards. It probably looks like shit on less than a 7800, but at least it works at an acceptable speed.

Reports are quite positive. It seems to be playable on such cards. It probably looks like shit on less than a 7800, but at least it works at an acceptable speed.

I often wonder what is people's measure of acceptable speed…
My tolerance for low fps seems to have dropped with the passing of the years (I get tired
and develop severe headaches very quickly).

That's okay as long as your wallet grows anti-proportional to your tolerance for low FPS. ;)

Heh, too true :)

But seriously there are cards below the 100 euro mark that wipe the floor with a 7800,
and if you game on your PC even every so often...

Heh, too true :)

But seriously there are cards below the 100 euro mark that wipe the floor with a 7800,
and if you game on your PC even every so often…

Like really. The temporary one I'm playing it just cost a hair more than that and the game is at max settings.

Patch or not patch its time to upgrade.

I've got the game maxxed out at 2048x1536 and even some tweaked up settings in my xml file. That's on an 8800GTX. I'm sure the 7800 can play fine, even if not on the max settings.

Now where's the fix for the large fonts -> no journal issue?

I often wonder what is people's measure of acceptable speed…
My tolerance for low fps seems to have dropped with the passing of the years (I get tired
and develop severe headaches very quickly).

I prefer my fps to stay above 30-40. Seems i have high demands as well. Fortunatedly I can play Risen with my overclocked 8800 GT on highest settings except low shadows and no depth of something effect.

I can easily get by with 20 fps if the game runs stable and without stutter. Some games start to do that with slower PCs, but others (like Risen) are quite playable with it. I almost feel like I've started to prefer lower framerates, makes it look sort of animated instead of ridiculously fluid, or something. :) It's got a strange sort of charm.

Back
Top Bottom