Starflight 3 - Coming Soon to Fig

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Starflight 3 is coming soon to Fig and is available to peruse if you have a backstage pass. For now check out this video.

And now, Starflight 3 is on @PlayFig! https://t.co/lksH3AZbNP

It’s like the Shivans have returned to obliterate both Star Control combatants. Who will win this growing battle royale? And how long till Solar Winds III??

— Wormwood Studios (@WWSGames) July 17, 2018

The Fig funding campaign for Starflight 3 by HumaNature is coming soon.
Thanks to you!
More information.

Now this is interesting.
I was a huge fan of the first - the second one was pretty much more of the same, but the "spiritual sequel" (Protostar) left me disappointed. It had atmosphere and staple gameplay, but the unnecessarily complex control scheme totally ruined it.

For you youngsters: Starflight was the game the original Mass Effect unadmittedly "took inspiration" wholesale. A damn fine game.

I spent quite a few hours playing Starflight on the Sega Genesis back in the day. I'm not sure if that port was vastly different from the PC version, but I don't recall it being very RPG-ish.

Not sure if this is something I'll back, but I'm mildly interested.

I spent quite a few hours playing Starflight on the Sega Genesis back in the day. I'm not sure if that port was vastly different from the PC version, but I don't recall it being very RPG-ish.

Not sure if this is something I'll back, but I'm mildly interested.

Genesis port: it is the superior version. The user interface and graphics were much more better than the PC version's.

Not an RPG: well it depends. Nowadays, when the industry calls Tomb Raider an RPG, Starflight's versatile crew recruitment, ship outfit and alien negotiation systems pretty much qualifies for an RPG ;)

Never played Starflight - which I regret, because it looks like something I would have enjoyed.

However, I'm not sure this will hold my interest these days. Looks a little light on the kind of stuff I tend to care about.

Isn't this game in response to Star Control: Origins? Was the Legal battle settled.

Maybe I'm thinking of another game from earlier this year.

I wanted to see if this was related to the fan-created Starflight 3 that was in development for years before slowly petering out a few years back. I guess not. I hope it's good.

I'm interested to see how the diplomacy hashes out. The original game allowed you to talk to aliens in different ways. Obsequious (sucking up) was always amusing but you could also be friendly which caused some aliens to outright disrespect you or sometimes attack.

I'm glad trading on planets is still present. It was helpful to come up with a spreadsheet to work out the optimum buy/sell for different planets goods/parts/exotics/animals etc. Something I imagine this new game will do for you to some extent.

Genesis port: it is the superior version. The user interface and graphics were much more better than the PC version's.

Not an RPG: well it depends. Nowadays, when the industry calls Tomb Raider an RPG, Starflight's versatile crew recruitment, ship outfit and alien negotiation systems pretty much qualifies for an RPG ;)

Holy-moly! Couldn't find a game after Mass Effect 1-3, Andromeda is junk. But this genesis port gameplay is fun to watch!!! :D I WANT THIS

Who will win this growing battle royale?

Do they get extra social points for using the term battle royale? I think they must. So relevant. Much wow.

I spent quite a few hours playing the prior iterations of this series, so I'll be checking out the pitch and seeing if its worthy of tossing a few bucks their way. Another good space game would be quite welcome in my world.

Back
Top Bottom