Conclave - Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The devs of Conclave, which was funded last year on Kickstarter, let us know that they released their game, a browser RPG that can be played solo or in co-op.
10x10 Room Releases Conclave, the Tabletop-Inspired RPG You Can Play
at Any Pace, from Any Browser

Boston, MA - June 4, 2012 - Two-person indie development team 10x10 Room
announced the release of Conclave, its tabletop-inspired online RPG. The game had been in public beta since its successful Kickstarter in September 2012, which funded its remaining development.
Conclave brings the turn-based combat and story-driven decision-making of
tabletop RPGs to the browser. Players can play solo or cooperatively with up to
three friends; cooperative play can be either synchronous or asynchronous, letting players pick whichever style they prefer. 10 free adventures offer the opportunity to try out the game before purchasing the full campaign, which includes 15 more adventures that complete the story.
"We built Conclave because we missed the excitement of tabletop roleplaying
games but couldn't find time to play them any more," said Nick Branstator, co-
founder of 10x10 Room. "After more than three years of work, Conclave offers
tabletop-inspired gameplay that fits into your life without sacrificing depth in its mechanics or story."
Key features
- Solo and co-op play, with automatic scaling based on party size
- Turn-based combat on battlemaps featuring varied foes, terrain, and traps
- Decisions with consequences for both combat and the overall story
- Take turns synchronously in real time or asynchronously at your leisure
- Five customizable character archetypes with distinct playstyles
- Five original races: nix, trow, lumyn, mezoar, and forgeborn
- Over 100 unique abilities to choose from when leveling
- Earned distinctions that unlock additional story options and items
- Soundtrack by Sam Hulick, composer for the Mass Effect series
- 25 adventures in the full campaign, Legacy of the Dweller
- Play from PC, tablet, or smartphone, including iOS and Android devices
- Uses HTML5 and JavaScript; Flash not required
Conclave was a GameOn Notable Entry for 2013.
Here is a gameplay video:

And you can try the game for yourself here.
More information.

I actually thought it's a charming idea... And then got to the "smartphones" sentence.

I'll use my money for the beer instead, thankye.

You do understand that this game is web based right? I understand that you have an hatred for respawning tablets and phones…

But I fail to see, how the fact a game is playable on any device that supports HTML5 makes this game any worse than if it wasn't? The game wasn't developped for tablets/phones specifically and I don't think its potential is limited by it.

Obviously, everyone is welcome to their opinion but it seemed to me like a bit of a rash judgement simply because the word smartphone was listed in the text :).

You do understand that this game is web based right? I understand that you have an hatred for respawning tablets and phones…

But I fail to see, how the fact a game is playable on any device that supports HTML5 makes this game any worse than if it wasn't? The game wasn't developped for tablets/phones specifically and I don't think its potential is limited by it.

Obviously, everyone is welcome to their opinion but it seemed to me like a bit of a rash judgement simply because the word smartphone was listed in the text :).

respawning tablets and phones in Skyrim :D

Why are you at all unable to understand that he doesn't understand a lot of things.

I actually kickstarted this I got to get around to playing.

Im in the same boat =P. I kickstarted this, but haven't found anyone around me who was interested in trying it out...and this seems like a game where the real fun starts if you have one or two good friends playing along with you.

…and this seems like a game where the real fun starts if you have one or two good friends playing along with you.

I think you're right about this. I Kickstarted this and got copies for me and my sons. Getting on with them at the same time proved difficult, but it's not a bad little game solo either. It's a good game for your cellphone, as you can zoom in with your browser and it still controls well. Got 10-15 min to kill? Whip out your phone for some text-based quests generally leading to turn-based tactical combat with some decent strategy to them….and progress your character a bit until the next time you have 10 min to burn. It's the perfect game for the toilet, and I mean that in the best possible way. :p

And they had good mechanics for dropping in and out with friends, such as the AI taking over a character in mid fight, if need be. Thumbs up on the heta, as long as you're not expecting BGII. :thumbsup:

You know, i never had a desire to play games on tablets (i don't have one) and smart phones. But, ever since i got my new phone a couple months ago, i actually enjoy playing games on it. Now, it's not my primary gaming device (my gaming PC does that quite well), but, it's nice to use while i am in the airport, on a plane, ect..So, i may take a look at this.

Why are you at all unable to understand that he doesn't understand a lot of things.
Dunno who is not at all unable to understand what I don't understand, but actually there is only one thing here I don't understand. And it's what makes the ppl think that smartphone games are worth one's time. And money. Unless that one is a brainless monkey.

The answer is probably the same as in the question how crap written by Danielle Steel got millions of copies sold.

The evolution of humanity took the course to artdenying animalism - majority aprecciates and pays only for dumbness, majority wants to be dumbed, majority wants to live only by insticts.

I've said above, I find the idea charming.
But the idea about the game is what's charming. The idea about the platform is definetly not an artistic one and is, to me, despicable. It's a manager. A CEO. A parasite who can't create anything but exists because those who can create don't have time to mess with the distribution/trade.

What platform? It's a browser game it runs on anything that has a browser supporting HTML 5.

Joxer should have a debate thread with AppleIntimidation about the iPad platform. It would be a glorious trainwreck to behold.

Dunno who is not at all unable to understand what I don't understand, but actually there is only one thing here I don't understand. And it's what makes the ppl think that smartphone games are worth one's time. And money. Unless that one is a brainless monkey.

The answer is probably the same as in the question how crap written by Danielle Steel got millions of copies sold.

The evolution of humanity took the course to artdenying animalism - majority aprecciates and pays only for dumbness, majority wants to be dumbed, majority wants to live only by insticts.

I've said above, I find the idea charming.
But the idea about the game is what's charming. The idea about the platform is definetly not an artistic one and is, to me, despicable. It's a manager. A CEO. A parasite who can't create anything but exists because those who can create don't have time to mess with the distribution/trade.

Proof that either you don't understand or you have the brain of a potato.

Joxer should have a debate thread with AppleIntimidation about the iPad platform. It would be a glorious trainwreck to behold.
Get real. When it comes to wasting my time, that thread there is certainly not the one I want to spare too many moments with. ;)
Besides IIRC I said in that or some similar smartphone_lover thread, once I see smartphones run Drakensang, I'll happily start buying games on those. Until then, they can rot for all I care. Both smartphones and smartphone fans.

Proof that either you don't understand or you have the brain of a potato.
Nah. It's both.

It's like he still doesn't get that this isn't a smart phone game....

No? It is a smarphone game ported onto other "devices" via browser. You may disagree, but that's not my problem.

Drakensang on the other hand is not a smartphone game, isn't available on smartphones and porting it on smatphones would probably net you Nobel prize for achieving an impossible thing. Do we agree on this at least?

No? It is a smarphone game ported onto other "devices" via browser. You may disagree, but that's not my problem.

Drakensang on the other hand is not a smartphone game, isn't available on smartphones and porting it on smatphones would probably net you Nobel prize for achieving an impossible thing. Do we agree on this at least?

No.

It is a browser based game not ported anywhere…why don't you actually "read" the info before spouting your stuff?

Drakensang was an ok game, I played it on PC and I don't really have any urge to play it again. It was not this technological marvel you seem to think it is.

Back
Top Bottom