Ultima 6 Project - The False Prophet - Latest Update

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Almost missed this. U6P project director Frilly Wumpus has posted an update which includes information on the eagery awaited M3 (milestone 3 for the uninitiated ). Here's the post:
Here is a quick update on how the project is progressing.

U6P Milestone 3 is in heavy development and will mainly consist of
- Yew
- Buc's Den
- Spider Cave
- possibly Paws
World building is slow, meticulous work, but pushing forward nicely.

We've also added a few new team members recently:
- Quentico - World Building and QA
- WyrdWeb - Writing and QA
- KooK Dragon - QA

On the low level coding side, not much has been happening in U6P, but there have been quite a few changes to the core Project Britannia systems. Some highlights include:

- Many enhancements to the conversation system to support some of the complex conversations in U6P
- A system we fondly call our "usecode" system which allows us to perform many more complex actions inside conversations, banters, and dynamic right+click menus on items.
- A totally revamped banter system to allow us to build complex banters reminiscent of some of the Bioware classics.
- Many, many tunings and bug fixes.

The latest unstable builds of Project Britannia can always be found in the Project Britannia Wiki and changes can be seen in the Change Log
For more information on the project, visit their site.
More information.

That looks old; I don't believe you need the original U6 anymore, just like with Lazarus!!

That looks old; I don't believe you need the original U6 anymore, just like with Lazarus!!

That was what surprised me reading the update ... I hope you are right, Corwin!

i would imagine they say that for legal purposes. how can you play a mod anyway that requires two games?

I agree, I'm no programmer, but I do remember Tibby from Laz saying that while they originally planned to make having the original U5 part of the equation, there wasn't anyway they could do that successfully. Therefore, I can't see how you would need it for U6P either; you certainly didn't to play either their M1 or M2 releases!! Want me to ask Frilly?

Back
Top Bottom