Will we have more forums than only these?

An important consideration is making sure we build the traffic - we don't want dozens of empty forums. Aggregating the traffic is the best way to start off until things build.

I think a NWN2 forum would probably work, but there are already many very established and very large established NWN sites. On the other hand, RPGDot was a significant Englissh Gothic site and we hope many of our readers will follow - meaning, we should get a large Gothic fanbase here.

In short: we'll add more forums but we don't want to distribute the posts too thinly to start. :)

Perhaps a Dungeon & Dragon forum, like with the Dot ? It's almost safe to assume that there'll be more D&D games released in the future, no ?
We had a low traffic D&D forum at RPGDot.

Whats gonna happen with an elder scrolls forum? will there be one? considering the series has lived for over a decade, plus most, if not all, people here have played Oblivion.

Yeah, probably when ES 5 is released!! :D

This new site partially explains why Ultimadot and Adventuredot were virtually dead. Have Withstand the Fury or any of the editors of Adventuredot come over here?

Ultima itself seems to becoming a forgotten memory as WoW is punding the last legs UO is on.

NWN2 and even Oblivion could get their forums, but aren't the official forums already pretty active? Maximus' NWVault 800lb gorilla of a site is already on top of anything and everything nwn'ish that he can get his hands on. My question then is, how active would it be?

NWN2 and even Oblivion could get their forums, but aren't the official forums already pretty active? Maximus' NWVault 800lb gorilla of a site is already on top of anything and everything nwn'ish that he can get his hands on. My question then is, how active would it be?

Have you been to the Oblivion forums? Like Counter-Strike revisited ...

Seriously, I think that small & focused forum sets would work for us to help each other and ourselves. It doesn't have to be #1 or 'not at all'.

Perhaps starting specific game threads in the crpg forum will show which ones will need a separate forum down the road?

That was what I did with the Mage Knight thing ... and you can see we're not in danger of becoming known as 'Mage Knight Central' ...

This new site partially explains why Ultimadot and Adventuredot were virtually dead. Have Withstand the Fury or any of the editors of Adventuredot come over here?

No, we don´t have editors for UltimaWatch and AdventureWatch. Which may lead to one or both of the sites not being created.

a movie and book forum for me to ramble are important!

As said before, just use the 'off topic' forum and post something to discuss. We have 'what are you reading', but if you want to discuss a specific book, just do

[Book] Life of Pi

or whatever

It's pretty obvious what the plan is here, folks. Put stuff in the general forums. Once a game/subject gets numerous threads, the threads might be split out into a seperate forum. Until then, no new forums. It will make the general forums a bit more congested in the beginning, but all that activity in a central location ain't all bad for a new site anyway.

Although I'm a structure/organization nut, it's the right thing for the site even if it starts out a touch chaotic. If NWN2 doesn't have 20+ unique threads the day it's released, I'll be stunned. I wouldn't worry about NWN2 getting its own forum pretty quickly.

Exactly. Just flood the general forums with dozens of threads - as long as they´re about different topics.

I think the next main thrust with Ultima, will be the U6 Project which has its own forums. We'll be covering all the developments there quite extensively, but at this point in time, I doubt we really need a separate Ultima section and that's from someone who has all the Ultimas still on his HD!! :)

Back
Top Bottom