Sentinels of Freedom - Turn-based Tactics Game

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Sentinels of Freedom is on Kickstarter and has already been funded. It is described as a single-player, turn-based tactics game, inspired by the Sentinel Comics RPG. You create a hero, build your team, and then save the world.

About

Prepare for a story-driven campaign (featuring writing from Sentinel Comics creator Christopher Badell and artist Adam Rebottaro) within the Sentinel Comics universe as you join forces with an ever-growing team of heroes to face a wide variety of villains. What seems like a typical bank heist reveals itself to be just the tip of a much more sinister plan! Create your hero, lead your team, and save the world!

Sentinels of Freedom is a turn-based digital tactical game inspired by the upcoming Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game, designed by Critical Hits studio in conjunction with Christopher Badell of Greater Than Games.

Highlights

- Build your Team - select from the many available heroes and unlock more throughout Character Personalities
- heroes will have likes, dislikes, and preferences which influence the mission Full story campaign
- writers and creators from Sentinel Comics Freeform movement
- Turn Based game that allows you to move anywhere Squad dynamics
- heroes or villains can work together for more powerful actions Living Environments
- multiple objectives, interactions and dangers Adaptive AI
- enemies will start to adjust to current tactics and also make long term changes to strategy

What kind of hero will you be? Create your Hero - choose backstory, archetype, powers, and appearance
More information.

This reminded me of a turn based version of City of Heroes. I look forward to the unique style of comic book superheros in a turn based mechanic.

I backed it!

Oh I loved Freedom Force (1 & 2) so much, and what I saw looked good. Backed.

I've already bought and completed Agents of Mayhem and this looks as it's TB version.
Which makes me not interested, sorry.

Thanks for pointing this project out, I hadn't heard anything about it at all. I haven't backed anything new for a month or so, so, backed!! It totally had me at turn-based super hero =)

Should be done by a 20 strong team with at least 3 animators to flesh out proper hit fall anims.

So it's from the guys who did Sentinels of the Multiverse, which is a very popular cooperative card game, which turned into a tactical board game, and I guess eventually a RPG? I have a lot of respect for the Sentinels people, and they have a lot of street cred in the cardboard gaming community. Remains to be seen how well they will transition into computer games though.

Loved the Freedom Force games.

Back
Top Bottom