Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus - Early Look

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamespot had a early look at Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus. Video is at the link.

Warhammer 40000: Mechanicus Brings XCOM To 40K

Our resident Warhammer: 40,000 nerd Dave got a very early look at the new squad-based Warhammer game, Mechanicus.

by Dave Jewitt and Patrick Faller on April 18, 2018 at 1:00PM

Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus delves deep into the lore of the Warhammer 40,000 franchise, melding the story with Xcom gameplay mechanics into a turn-based strategy experience that fans of either series will find familiar. The game is coming some time this year, and not much is known about it, but GameSpot did get an early look at Mechanicus. Check out the latest gameplay in the video above, wherein Dave and Tam talk about how the game is very XCOM on the surface, but filled with deep, nerdy, Warhammer lore within.

[...]
More information.

I watched a gameplay vid one or two weeks ago and already like what I see. You have an "adventure map" where things can happen like in a choose-your-adventure book and then (in case of fights) a tactical map maybe compareable to Heroes of Might and Magic, but with a good XCOM flavor.

The only thing I don't like too much is the time limit you have during exploring. The longer you linger the stronger the Necron become until you are likely overwhelmed.

time limit is indeed a big minus. Nonetheless truly looking forward to this one !

Back
Top Bottom