Kingmaker - Q&A & Character Creation Video

Soon…

I hope there will be a preload on Steam!
Maybe I can sneak in a few hours Tuesday evening. The following days I will be on a business trip and will not be able to play :(

1 minute long q&a videos lol

ha ha...yea, that is funny. :biggrin:

I suppose these guys are self conscious about their heavy accents, so time limiting it, be my guess anyway. :)

More news for those interested.:)

Pathfinder: Kingmaker News Roundup

Pax West Previews

OnRPG
Overall, Pathfinder: Kingmaker ticks all of the boxes of an old-school RPG experience. There’s a vibrant world, colorful characters, intrigue, suspense, and drama galore. There’s even an encyclopedia option for players who may not know the lore of the land, and simply hovering over anything highlighted in the text will give you a quick blurb about it. The game offers a wonderful blend of accessibility and challenge in one package, and it’s sure to appeal to a wide audience, even beyond people who craved more Baldur’s Gate stories they never received.
Bleeding Cool
The gameplay we got to watch though… takes a lot more time than you think. This is a series where you’ll be doing a lot of role-playing, which isn’t a bad thing, but it does feel like it takes about as long as your standard game of Pathfinder. We didn’t get too much into the combat, as we basically grazed by it in the session, but it looks alright for what it was worth. Pathfinder: Kingmaker looks impressive, but we need more hands-on time to make a final decision about it. Thankfully, we’ll get a shot later this month when it comes out on September 25th.
RPG Site
Admittedly there was a lot of information to take in during my short demo with Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but all the same, I walked away impressed. It’s a game made for die-hard tabletop enthusiasts and CRPG faithful but there’s enough care put into it that newcomers won’t be totally scared off. For me at least, there was enough to entice me and want to learn the various systems once the game comes out proper on September 25th.
Interview with Chris Avellone on RPGSite
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is set to release next week for PC - the first CRPG within the Pathfinder tabletop lore. We had a chance to ask a few questions with Narrative Designer Chris Avellone - known for his work on several Black Isle Studios and Obsidian Entertainment RPGs such as Icewind Dale and Pillars of Eternity. Here he discusses the game's storyline, writing, and characters.

Check out the interview with Chris below, and be sure to hit up our hands-on impressions of the game from PAX West last month.
Also don't forget the Reddit AMA where they answered questions.

Last edited:
It's funny. They've done several AMAs on that subreddit and post every update there, but there are still people asking whether it's turn-based or not.

It's a long weekend in Australia (at least for NSW), and I took an extra day off to enjoy Kingmaker :D

Hope I will get my key soon!!

I would say the likelihood of me buying this on release day is about 99.98%. Is it just me, or does this game bear an uncanny resemblance to POE 2? I hope it's not nearly as goofy with horrid narration.

They're both inspired by Baldurs Gate, but beyond that I don't see the resemblance.

I would say the likelihood of me buying this on release day is about 99.98%. Is it just me, or does this game bear an uncanny resemblance to POE 2? I hope it's not nearly as goofy with horrid narration.

Both Kingmaker and PoE2 uses unity engine, so outwardly there are some similarities. I haven't played PoE2 so I don't know how bad the narrations were but I found Kingmaker pretty decent (storytelling wise, it was very engaging, although companion dialogues aren't great).

I am in wait and see mode with this one. Not sure if it will end up being for me (drawbacks to me are kinda cartoony graphics, and the whole kingdom management thing can go take a hike as far as I'm concerned, bring on more rpg goodness instead! :biggrin:)
but regardless, will pay attention to what rpg watchers who play it say and think. ;)

Another Q&A video was released.

I hope this is a big success. I would love for this game to become a series.

I would love it to be a huge success also. Maybe than, Wizards of the Coast would get off their ass and make a new 5th edition D&D crpg.

Soon…

I hope there will be a preload on Steam!
Maybe I can sneak in a few hours Tuesday evening. The following days I will be on a business trip and will not be able to play :(
Pre-load won't do me any good. What they should do is to let me start character creation now. It always takes me at least two days to create a character in a D&D game; too many choices. :S

I would love it to be a huge success also. Maybe than, Wizards of the Coast would get off their ass and make a new 5th edition D&D crpg.

We're more likely to see a 6th edition CRPG before that happens

The game will unlock in 1 day and 19 hours.:dance::boogie::celebrate:

Real gamers are going to be playing this

Seeker-slayer-survivor-logo.png

ss_e52211f795f0c38f67179e372e3753f191541e54.600x338.jpg

Real gamers are going to be playing this tomorrow

Seeker-slayer-survivor-logo.png

ss_e52211f795f0c38f67179e372e3753f191541e54.600x338.jpg
Nope I'll be playing Pathfinder:Kingmaker & probably INSOMNIA: The Ark released later this month first. I'll play POE2 at later date, but thanks for the reminder though.

Back
Top Bottom