You have million views on you tube?

I remember when I was a kid there wern't a lot of cartoons to watch on TV, and the ones that were on TV would repeat a lot. I knew all of them by heart but I never got bored of them. Kids can watch one thing a hundred times without getting bored. That's where the majority of those views come from.
Adults, on the other hand, get annoyed by these videos pretty fast. A friend of mine was babysitting his sister's kids for a weekend and after that he came to my house. At the same time, my neighbors were celebrating their grandson's birthday and when my friend heard the songs they played he started cursing loudly.
The big problem here is the tendency of parents to leave their toddlers with a phone or a tablet in order to keep them busy. I think it can have a big impact on children's development.

In the time before the tablets I once saw a show with a nanny in it, saying that whenever she had to do a chore without being able to watch the toddlers she put them in front of a turning washing machine.

Yes, kids love to repeating things. My 3 year old is probably responsible for some of the viewer count above! Also once she learned those songs, she will sing them over and over. Its very cute for the first few times she sings it but then starts to get annoying as she will never stop!

In the time before the tablets I once saw a show with a nanny in it, saying that whenever she had to do a chore without being able to watch the toddlers she put them in front of a turning washing machine.
Now wait a minute, you can learn a lot watching such things! Pick out a colorful sock and watch how it makes its way around in the dryer. You can learn a lot about the concept of the "random walk" which leads to Brownian motion and heat dynamics! And isn't it a lovely irony that the whole thing is extra hot? Clothing emulating the molecules that make it up! Oh, and now look, nanny is ironing the irony!! We've even got humor!

Granted, it is a rather subtle form of entertainment. Some of the more jaded adults won't get it.

P.S. Writing this to avoid going into KC:D's monastery. ;)

Back
Top Bottom