Ultra wide monitors

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch
Anyone have any thoughts or advice on these? Thinking 29" 2560 x 1080.

I currently have 2 monitors, a 24" 1920 x 1600 and my old 4:3 1600 x 1200 next to it.. Idea of ultra wide is to replace them both as they're getting old, especially the 4:3 one which until 6 months ago has been stored in a shed for at least 5 years.

Thanks

I have 2 34" 21:9 monitors. 3440x1440 resolution. It's obviously great if you like to have multiple windows open for work.

For gaming it is also great if the game supports it. If not you'll get bars down the sides. I'm sure there's 3rd party programs to fix it but I haven't run into a problem enough to check. Seeing more in your horizontal view is more immersive. I have a curved version which also adds slightly to immersion but it's not really worth the extra cost IMO.

Here is a decent short article with picture to give you an idea of what it would be like.

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/the-219-2560-x-1080-experience/

I would say though that if you like to have Skype or anything running while gaming I would prefer 2 monitor instead of ultra wide but if you want the best immersive experience then ultra wide is it. I've actually switched from playing mostly on a 120" projector to playing almost exclusively on the 34" ultra wide. I only use the projector now if the game doesn't support 21:9.

Back
Top Bottom