Cyberpunk 2077 - Previews

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some previews for Cyberpunk 2077.

Gamingbolt

And that’s only a taste of Cyberpunk 2077. There wasn’t a moment in this edge-of-your-seat thriller where fatigue sets it. Every second I had my eyes wide open, ready for more. Every scene is filled with attention to detail that you’d only notice in a real life setting. Not only was the engaging story, gameplay mechanics, and lively world impressive, Cyberpunk 2077 is easily my best game of E3 2018.
Wccftech

The cool stat! For example, it’s going to unlock certain things that you might not have been able to do, certain options when dealing with situations. Or, another example, the vendors that you have, the ripperdocs, if you have that cool and street cred level, they might bring down certain weapon prices or unlock certain weapons you might not have had there. So it is an integral part of it. It’s also a throwback to the original tabletop game as well. So we are thinking of—forgive me for saying this—cool ways to use it. It’s going to be an important thing for sure. It’s definitely a way to help interact with people.

[...]
Worthplaying

Cyberpunk 2077 has roots that date back to the tabletop game Cyberpunk 2020 from the late 1980s, so this universe of ideas has been swirling around for a long time. Seeing how CDPR has given life to these ideas and packaged them together in one experience (we haven't even gotten into how Night City has six different districts), makes Cyberpunk 2077 an event release — whenever it comes out.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

They sure got some high expectations here to live up to. Don't think I've seen preview receive this much praise.
But this time, they're in pretty good spot, financially.

Ok, no more 'previews' for me. They're all based on the same 45 minute vertical slice for god sakes! Officially waiting on more development.

The hype is real for this game :rolleyes: I'm not saying the game will be bad (I haven't seen enough to make any judgement) but the way these journalist are going on about, it's like the second (or one gazillionth) coming of the Jesus.

Don't think I've seen preview receive this much praise.

I do, a few years back, for Everquest Next…except there was fewer people invited there.

Not that I expect Cyberpunk 2077 to follow on those footsteps, but the "press" tend to exaggerate what they see behind closed door a lot and often it's just mock-up and concept arts. Not saying that's what they showed for CP77 though, but I saw 2 previewers say the character creation was a mock-up (with devs saying it was all WIP and unfinished), but most previewers act like it was something fully functional with bazillion of options.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-vehicles

Cars featured pretty prominently in the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, and we know from that (still secret and private) gameplay demo at E3 that you’ll be able to explore Night City in your ride of choice and get into vehicular action with car chases out in the world. That all might sound a bit Grand Theft Cyberpunk

From hero to zero.

Unless someone writes it's optional Mafia and Need4Speed junk as is not RPG, I'm not preordering. Even Final Fantasy 15 where you spend third of time in a car didn't dare to put stupid GTA races in it.
I mean… Does CP have taxi/formula driver as class?

I mean… Does CP have taxi/formula driver as class?

The pnp? It has driving related skills everyone can take and the Panzerboy role is all about driving stuff for smuggling (its in one of the supplement).

I don't think driving a car is obligatory in CP77 though. The car chase in the demo was a "random map event" that resulted from a previous mission and I read one preview mention that the dev playing the demo pointed at some NPCs hinting at troubles before going into the car. That suggest it ended up as a car chase because V got into a car.

I have high hopes for this one as do many others, but I'm also well aware that it is still quite some time from release. Ramping up all the hype might give this product a complex that will be difficult to achieve when we actually get to play the thing.

This was the game I was really interested in but after the E3 trailer I feel hardly any excitement at all for it :( I don't think I like the setting for some reason. I can't really put my finger on it but this is not really what I am after. I like sci fi like Mass effect but I don't think I like "this sort" of sci fi. Bit of a shame really but we will see :)

This was the game I was really interested in but after the E3 trailer I feel hardly any excitement at all for it :( I don't think I like the setting for some reason. I can't really put my finger on it but this is not really what I am after. I like sci fi like Mass effect but I don't think I like "this sort" of sci fi. Bit of a shame really but we will see :)

From what I understand, it seems to be focusing more on the side of "punk". What we saw in the trailer showed us a more modernized approach to a cyberpunk world: people driving cars, playing pool, playing VR, going to fashion shows, things like that. At the same time, crime rate is up, people are homeless, civilians are fighting, etc. In the meantime, technology has taken steps forward (prosthetic arms, a woman/robot doing her eyelashes while the bottom half of her face has been removed, etc).

We're seeing less science fiction, and more "what the future would look like if humanity worsened, but technology improved", which is probably not too off from our reality. In that sense, it's not entirely science fiction.

Last edited:
We're seeing less science fiction, and more "what the future would look like if humanity worsened, but technology improved", which is probably not too off from our reality. In that sense, it's not entirely science fiction.
For me, that is exactly what good science fiction is about. Thinking about the "what ifs" of fields like science, technology and society.
How far the extrapolation goes into our potential future does not affect whether it is science fiction.

(But of course, genre borders are never really well defined. Still, I would not even see this close to the border. ;) )

The hype is real for this game :rolleyes: I'm not saying the game will be bad (I haven't seen enough to make any judgement) but the way these journalist are going on about, it's like the second (or one gazillionth) coming of the Jesus.

Or maybe the game is just really good. ;)

World reacts to cyberpunk:

3Aqn.gif

Meanwhile on 'codex:

angry_man_smaller.jpg

Overhype and premature hatred are equally annoying. It's okay to be excited or have doubts, but there's no reason to create such a ruckus over a game that is two years away.

Who's to say the game is being overhyped? It's getting a lot of attention because those who were fortunate enough to see it firsthand evidently think it was the best game at E3.

Every year E3 has 1 or 2 games that stand out from the rest. This year is no different.

Overhype and premature hatred are equally annoying. It's okay to be excited or have doubts, but there's no reason to create such a ruckus over a game that is two years away.

Thanks, grandpa. :)

Anyways, by the sound of it, really different from your typical "let's take it slowly" rpg intro. I could swear I'm listening to a new Tarantino movie. ( which is exactly they said, years back, they're going for). Female voice actor reminds me a bit of younger, lil' bit more "exuberant" Jennifer Hale.
Johnny Silverhand playing on radio was a really nice touch.

We will only know if it is overhyped in two years. Who knows, maybe the hype is real :)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to CP and being positive about it. But if it doesn't deliver then it will be indeed lots of fun to see the butt hurt. I always win.

Female voice actor reminds me a bit of younger, lil' bit more "exuberant" Jennifer Hale.

I personally was in the Courtenay Taylor camp, some part sound just like her, but some people are suggesting Elizabeth Maxwell and listening to some of her stuff, she kinda fit.

The ripperdoc sound like Tavus (Michael Gregory) in SWTOR Trooper storyline, I played that last week…

Jackie reminds me of Vegas in ME3, could just be all the spanish words.

Back
Top Bottom