Quantcast
If your dog suddenly becomes wobbly… - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » If your dog suddenly becomes wobbly…

Default If your dog suddenly becomes wobbly

December 5th, 2017, 18:54
…..
Last edited by Fluent; December 5th, 2017 at 23:26.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

December 5th, 2017, 19:42
Aye my dog Wolfgar had that disease in his later years as well as severe hip dysplacia. He had to FMO surgeries at 14 months old on his back legs which solved the hip issue (had the ball joints removed) and he lived a good 10 years with 80% mobility. Then he had trouble walking, holding in his poops. Vet told me what it was and that it would move up his back and paralyze his lungs. Poor guy had every bad thing in the book but he was such a loyal dog. I had to put him to sleep and it was my first dog. I am wet in the eye now just remembering it. I cried for days afterwards. He trusted me and I had to hold him in my arms as they put him to sleep.

The last thing he saw was me looking at him before he shut his eyes forever and went still. I can't even think about it without crying even now.

Shouldn't have read this post.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

December 5th, 2017, 20:11
Sorry for your loss. Both of you.

Pibbur
--
d++a62e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nRnS ++++wC-o++++wSuLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!

pibbur who

Number 14
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 5th, 2017, 20:30
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Aye my dog Wolfgar had that disease in his later years as well as severe hip dysplacia. He had to FMO surgeries at 14 months old on his back legs which solved the hip issue (had the ball joints removed) and he lived a good 10 years with 80% mobility. Then he had trouble walking, holding in his poops. Vet told me what it was and that it would move up his back and paralyze his lungs. Poor guy had every bad thing in the book but he was such a loyal dog. I had to put him to sleep and it was my first dog. I am wet in the eye now just remembering it. I cried for days afterwards. He trusted me and I had to hold him in my arms as they put him to sleep.

The last thing he saw was me looking at him before he shut his eyes forever and went still. I can't even think about it without crying even now.

Shouldn't have read this post.
Sorry to hear about Wolfgar, wolfgrim. DM is a nasty disease. I made this post to potentially warn others before it's too late. In our case, between the diagnosis of torn ACL and later, a diagnosis of perhaps a small stroke, etc., we weren't able to discern the condition until it was too late. So I hope my post can at least save another puppy in the future who may have the same issue. If caught early, treatment can somewhat extend the dog's lifespan and quality of life.

Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
Sorry for your loss. Both of you.

Pibbur
Thanks Pibbur. We'll both never forget your help over the years. Although I don't know you too well, you're a good person for that. Thank you.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

December 5th, 2017, 22:00
After you have time to mourn you should rescue a dog from a shelter. This will help you get over the pain and bring great joy into your life again. That's what my wife and I did after we lost Buster. One of the best decisions we made.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

December 5th, 2017, 22:49
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
After you have time to mourn you should rescue a dog from a shelter. This will help you get over the pain and bring great joy into your life again. That's what my wife and I did after we lost Buster. One of the best decisions we made.
After we lost our first cat, we did the same (except that we got a cat. :-)). Same with every cat after that.

pibbur
--
d++a62e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nRnS ++++wC-o++++wSuLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!

pibbur who

Number 14
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

December 5th, 2017, 22:55
Very sad. Sorry to hear about the losses of these dogs, which, to me, form part of the family.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

December 6th, 2017, 20:09

Poor dogs. Poor cats. Poor you…
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 6th, 2017, 20:12
Sorry to hear all that. Treasured pets are missed when they are gone.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

+1:

December 7th, 2017, 07:07
My dog is getting up in years. Luckily she is still in good health at the moment. One tumor, but just a fatty one. Will be very sad when she goes.

Dilvish

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » If your dog suddenly becomes wobbly…