Watch in trouble?

I don't think the watch is in trouble. Lots of life here lately with interviews, giveaways, reviews, etc. And things will always change. So I agree with Fluent, don't worry. If this wave doesn't last (though I hope it will), another will come. And U2 says so, so it must be true. ;)

I really think there should be a vote.

I am all for people doing what they want, but using another forum to promote their forum really doesn't seem right to me.

You don't see stores advertising other companies stores?

I found this site by doing a google search and reading over what was out there. I did not find this site by seeing it on another site.

Why is everything a battle between two things? Isn't there room for multiple forums/multiple sites all with their own unique views on RPGs? Or does it have to be an US vs. THEM mentality in everything on the internet?

Why is everything a battle between two things? Isn't there room for multiple forums/multiple sites all with their own unique views on RPGs? Or does it have to be an US vs. THEM mentality in everything on the internet?

Of course there's room. The more forums promoting RPGs the better. But using your position at the watch to promote your external interests is not something everyone would be comfortable doing.

You see there is no battle, there is no war. I personally am not say there can't be as many watered down sites as you feel needed for a small fraction of the gaming world.
(Yes indeed PC RPG games are the small fraction now of days).

I know you think everything you do is GREAT and RIGHT. Who know knows maybe you are right. Though the way I see it less is more not the other way around.

Just feel if people want to do their own thing don't do it on the back of something else. Just do it!!!! See what happens

It's not necessarily a fight between two things. But several watchers isn't as convinced as you that the group and things you want to form won't fragment us. After all we only have so much time to spend on forums, I for one will not have the capacity to spend time her and on Google+.

There's also the fact that you are promoting your groups etc here (beyond just mentioning them), I suppose some of us doesn't think that is right. Personally I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm not entirely comfortable with it.

I know your intentions are good, and I wish you the best with your efforts. But as I said, I'm not entirely comfortable with the situation.

pibbur

This whole thread has spiraled out of control again. I'm very disappointed with how a few members have acted on this forum, and in various threads these last two weeks.

So let me stress my private forum is just a very small place to talk with friends, and others about different things. So to repeat myself nothing has changed.

I am still doing interviews,and posting news. We even have three new giveaway contests for all of you this month. So business as usual as the saying goes.=)

Once upon a time, many years ago I too had a private forum. Then, the Codex trolls descended upon it and totally trashed it beyond repair. I have never bothered since!!

Why is everything always OUR fault? Not fair, man.

This whole thread has spiraled out of control again. I'm very disappointed with how a few members have acted on this forum, and in various threads these last two weeks.

So let me stress my private forum is just a very small place to talk with friends, and others about different things. So to repeat myself nothing has changed.

I am still doing interviews,and posting news. We even have three new giveaway contests for all of you this month. So business as usual as the saying goes.=)

Well sorry you are disappointed that others may not feel the same as others. The two people you being one are both people that are mod's here, editors. It would seem if you look at how many likes Hidden's post has from members and how many other others the other way it isn't a few of us.

Mr. Potato you know how much you mean to this site and the hard work you do here. I am surprised that you wouldn't think people would be upset that they thought there might be a chance of losing you here. You should be flattered not disappointed. As for the other person well that is a different topic for me and I care not to comment on it.

I fail to see how this thread have spiraled out of control The topic is that some watchers are concerned about the future of the watch based on recent events. And as far as I can say it has stayed on topic.

I also think that the discussion has been very polite.

pibbur who is very happy with what the potato does, and who has seen threads on the watch far worse than this one

Well, you guys do think of us as a cesspool.

I have never seen the site so.....I can't comment on that.

Though I don't think of many things as cesspools? Maybe areas of cities where drugs that have gotten out of hand are...

There is of course the thing with the hidden's avatar over there. It's much more nasty looking.

Here he actually looks … for lack ov words … harmless?

pibbur who reminds the watch that his actual avatar is hidden inside a blue box

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nicer if we could all be together under the same banner?

Actually, NO. There is a different ethos here from what is found at the Codex and a much different style. The majority of our posters a quite different; perhaps older, dare I say more mature and certainly more 'family friendly'. Each site caters well to a different clientel and that's the benefit of diversity. We would not be happy with the way Codex works and many from there don't like our 'restrictions'. :)

Back
Top Bottom