Lost Sphear - Hands On @GameRant

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameRant tried out Lost Sphear and found it a great experience.

Lost Sphear, then, seems poised to answer the what-ifs that were left behind in the wake of I Am Setsuna‘s JRPG brilliance. The follow-up effort from Tokyo RPG Factory is a brand new title that has learned from its predecessors mistakes. Where I Am Setsuna was a restrained, careful walk through some of the genre's most tried-and-true tropes, Lost Sphear is a whirlwind, a vortex that absorbs every well-received element of classic JRPGs and coalesces them into one singular game. Lost Sphear is Tokyo RPG Factory's fever dream, the result of a studio with more confidence beginning to try something new under the guise of something old.

During our hands-on time with Lost Sphear, it became abundantly clear that the snowscape of its predecessor had been abandoned by Tokyo RPG Factory in favor of a world with more variety. We navigated through a forest, a desert, and a mine-none of which are groundbreaking in terms of environmental design, of course, but are a welcome change from just snow-and each environment felt distinct. The soundtrack, too, feels more diverse, eschewing the constant presence of heartbreak that echoed through I Am Setsuna with notes of hope and bravery mixed in too.

[...]
More information.

The article says the combat is like Chrono Trigger, but then says it's turn-based.

I thought Where I am Setsuna was supposedly (I did not play) kind of not that great. Hard to tell if this is hype or if this game will be better. Any chance it will have a quality pc port ?

Back
Top Bottom