Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Gone Gold

More PC Benchmark info ,
For those who don't speak german or don't know how to use google translate:

- It runs ~20% slower than Origins in GPU limited scenarios (New lighting and water effects etc.)

- The framepacing issues on non-vega AMD cards (200/300/400/500 Series) that were present in Origins, have been fixed

- Odyssey is part of the AMD partner program. HBAO+ and Ansel is not present

- Freesync-2-HDR is supported

- Even a Ryzen 1700 shows 100% CPU load in populated areas

- Quadcores without SMT need a high clock speed to produce acceptable framerates in towns etc

- Multithreading is more important than clock speed. You need 6 physical cores (Ryzen 5 or i5-8400) to completely eliminate streaming stutters

- Only very beefy hexa and octa core CPUs with SMT can push the magical 60fps in cities (i7-8700, Ryzen7 2700X etc..)

- 4GB Vram is the absolute minimum for max details at 1080p. 6GB is optimal. GTX 970 owners are warned (Slow Texture loading and stuttering)

- 8GB Vram is enough for 4K. The game caps at ~7GB

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Assas...s/Assassins-Creed-Odyssey-Benchmarks-1266222/

Sorry @joxer;

Okay because I've preordered it's ultimate edition it allows me to start playing it.
Should I?

I mean…
Didn't finish Yakuza 0 although it's awsome because DQ11 got released and then I played it.
Then stopped playing DQ11, not because of outdated grind/checkpoints thing but because BT4 got released.
Basically tried BT4 for a couple of hours and… Well, VC4 and Kingmaker got released! Because VC4 downloaded first I've started playing it and Kingmaker is on hold…
I'm in love with VC4, so far it feels like a game of my dreams, I'm not even close to it's end (40 hours in already). But should I pause it for a bit and "try" Odyssey?

I mean none of these will escape and I'll finish them all eventually. But… It's like a kid in candystore. You want everything at the same time and that ain't possible.
Sorry @joxer;
Why sorry? Ubi sucks at code optimization, what's new. The only two games they ported "properly" are WD2 and AC:Rogue.
I'm not planning to play it on 4K anyway, and horrible hair(TM)consolegameports means I don't care about ultra, high is enough in such cases of outdated visuals (GTX 1070).

Going to let kingmaker and BT4 patch up a bit and start playing this tonight after work.

Will you open hints/earlyimpressions or something thread?
I mean, I need to "spam" a bit about some game. Noone here but me plays VC4 (you don't know what you're missing), not eager to mess with both BT4 and Kingmaker currently (upcoming patches)…

Nooooooooo, I did not buy super duper edition but only got basic one so I have to wait till the 5th to play it :(

So create an "hints/earlyimpressions" thread @joxer;.

Well Origins' super duper edition was well worth it. Two expansions combined were almost of main game size. And are basically postgame (high level required) separate stories so nothing in the main game got disbalanced. They've learned from TW3 and ignored EA's Arrival and Prothean scam and slap fans approach.
So I thought, hell, I'll trust them again.
I mean, it's supposed to be actual huge expansions here, not horse armor or some silly mission or cutout main game critical content. ;)

But this was the last time I'm doing it. Next game that pulls that same "trick" I'm not buying till it's whole.

Right. It offers me ultra automatically. Because of pathetic hair I've dropped it to very high.

Before you start playing, don't forget to unlock some stuff from uplay client, I just did those that are freebies:

pic.jpg

Erm… Who tf is Evie?!

And wtf is E3 fan kit?!

pic.jpg

The game has subtitles turned on by default. You may change letters size and background. First positive impression from me. Hopefully not the last. :D

Not a fan of this series at all, but I might actually get this. I haven't bothered with an AC game since Black Flag, and I didn't play that one for long.

I've watched quite a bit of footage, and while it's obviously still very mainstream and gamey in that Ubisoft way, I like the setting enough that I might give it a shot. The combat also looks improved, and I've seen some large-scale battles that were impressive.

I just wish the exploration was more than climbing the nearest tower to reveal POIs and spamming the auto-find button to highlight loot.

Not a fan of this series at all, but I might actually get this. I haven't bothered with an AC game since Black Flag, and I didn't play that one for long.

I've watched quite a bit of footage, and while it's obviously still very mainstream and gamey in that Ubisoft way, I like the setting enough that I might give it a shot. The combat also looks improved, and I've seen some large-scale battles that were impressive.

I just wish the exploration was more than climbing the nearest tower to reveal POIs and spamming the auto-find button to highlight loot.

I never played any AC games before AC Origins and that is very good RPG lite game. Anyway people are comparing Odyssey to TW3 so it can only be a good thing.

Also you get this DLC pack fro free if you have twitch/amazon prime,

AC Odyssey: Aegean Pirate Pack
https://www.twitch.tv/prime

Prime_2018Deal_BannerBunndle_UK.png

I caved and it is almost done pre-loading right now. My first AC game. Will be curious if I like it or not. Not a big fan of the style but couldn't bypass the Greek setting and some of the RPG things they said they added. Will see how it goes.

Don't mention the DLC, or you'll scare me off again. There's actually weapons in the game you can only get by collecting coupons on Totino pizza rolls. I don't even know what a pizza roll is, but I'm fairly sure I don't want some.

Right. It offers me ultra automatically. Because of pathetic hair I've dropped it to very high.

Before you start playing, don't forget to unlock some stuff from uplay client, I just did those that are freebies:

pic.jpg

Erm… Who tf is Evie?!

And wtf is E3 fan kit?!

pic.jpg

The game has subtitles turned on by default. You may change letters size and background. First positive impression from me. Hopefully not the last. :D

You can change your crew appearance to basically look exactly like that. Tbh not sure where they are going with this, but there you have it. :)

That guy gives me the heebie jeebies. You notice the two mysterious collars hanging on his microphone? If I were that cat, I'd get the hell outta there. :p

A dude who use terms like "normies" definitely has issues.

Mysterious collars? He has cat(s?), even takes one up during the video.

Ubisoft are very creepy with their diversity BS.

When i first saw the two main voice actors i thought "ah great now they don't need to fake their accents". But no. It took them ages (according to one of the actors) to find these two non-American looking voice actors (who are as american as it gets) How.. diverse of Ubisoft.

I don't even know what a pizza roll is, but I'm fairly sure I don't want some.

just get a big bottle of ranch and all will be well

Mysterious collars? He has cat(s?), even takes one up during the video.

Yes, I know. I referred to the cat. It was a joke, implying that he is a cat serial killer, for purposes of mockery. Because I think he's a creepy nutcase, and best ignored.

:p

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAc...us_jeremy_hambly_has_some_ubisoft_leaks_take/
I don't even know what a pizza roll is, but I'm fairly sure I don't want some.
just get a big bottle of ranch and all will be well
What it was Americas greatest food idea.:cool:
918giJv2nkL._SY355_.jpg

Someone took a pizza and turned it into an egg-roll on a plate.:drool:
Yes, I know. I referred to the cat. It was a joke, implying that he is a cat serial killer, for purposes of mockery. Because I think he's a creepy nutcase, and best ignored.
Personal opinion or liberal SJW Bias. Which is it really Ripper?

As employees of Ubisoft sent these leaks to him.:nod:

I've been forced to attend diversity training at various jobs myself.

It's pure indoctrination at it's best.

Last edited:
Christ. Those things look like something that's been freshly excised by a dermatologist.

I don't really care about SJW indoctrination or any of that crap. I'm just saying that I think there's something off about this guy, and I usually trust my instincts. I'm sure there are plenty of other windbags making money on Youtube by winding up reactionary outrage, who wouldn't necessarily strike me as quite so creepy.

Back
Top Bottom