Spellforce 3 - Soul Harvest Trailer - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Spellforce 3 - Soul Harvest Trailer

Default Spellforce 3 - Soul Harvest Trailer

April 10th, 2019, 14:15
A new trailer for Spellforce 3 standalone addon 'Soul Harvest'.

loading…

However, things aren't as peaceful as they seem - when the Queen calls you, a disgraced General, back to your homeland, you're plunged in a war on many fronts: While a hatemonger threatens to tear apart the Dwarven realm, an enigmatic cult of Dark Elves harvests the souls of people for reasons unknown.

Release: TBA 2019 / Windows Pc
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

April 10th, 2019, 14:59
I really like the graphics of Spellforce 3. Very nice world design and lighting, gives a real sense of place. I'd like to see a straight RPG with the same style, as not so interested in the RTS bits.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
+1:

April 10th, 2019, 15:06
I quite agree. Look at the sheer talent on display here, I'd likely give an rpg looking this good a serious chance at being big. I lost my liking for RTS's a while ago though, so this has far less of an appeal for me.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

April 10th, 2019, 15:06
Loved every Spellforce game and after EA acquired the original developer I was very worried. So it's good to see a new developer continue the series in a new direction.

For me I enjoy playing RTS base building games and that's not going to change. As I started with Dune in the early 90's and moved onto the Command & Conquer games.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein
Last edited by Couchpotato; April 11th, 2019 at 05:19. Reason: Fixed two wrong letters

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

April 10th, 2019, 17:34
I have had Spellforce 3 on my wanted list for a while now, just been waiting for the price to come down a little bit more. very interested in the RPG parts but not the RTS as much but it sure is nice to look at.

skally_wag

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 10th, 2019, 21:39
This Bavarian Edition felt very strange to me. I looked for the source video and… yup, it was published on April 1st.

Mrozie

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 11th, 2019, 03:33
For me I enjoy playing RTS base building games and that's not going to change. As I started with Dune in the early 90'sand moved onto the Command & Conquer games.
Me too and Age of Empires. It's strange how the genre has kind of died. I really like the first two Spellforces and expansions but I never bought the 3rd. Can you zoom down into a closer 3rd person perspective still like you could on the first two?
I really have good memories of that series and some of those levels were really hard.

I wanted to add that at Steam there is a link to a fan site with a big community modpack that adds fixes and maps.
--
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The Second Coming- William Butler Yeats

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 11th, 2019, 05:32
Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Can you zoom down into a closer 3rd person perspective still like you could on the first two?
Every game in the series except SpellForce 3 has 3rd person perspective. I rarely used it as I played them as a base building RTS game. Not as an RPG hybrid as others do.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein

Couchpotato

Lazy Layabout

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Spellforce 3 - Soul Harvest Trailer