Mount & Blade II - Information @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer collected some info about Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord:

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord: everything we know

What we know about Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord's release, combat, castles and more.

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord is a gargantuan chimera. It's a Medieval fantasy sim that bounces between RPG, management and strategy, set within a war-torn sandbox. Starting from nothing, you can eventually establish a dynasty, traipse around the world robbing everyone or become a famous, tournament-winning knight. Despite being a bit janky, the original game was improbably ambitious and ultimately brilliant, making the wait for the sequel seem even longer.

Here's everything we know about Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord, including its sieges, large-scale combat, campaign and multiplayer. As of 2019, it still doesn't have a release date. But with multiplayer beta testing now underway, development seems to be wrapping up.

[...]
More information.

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord will have a public demo at Gamescom 2019

While we wait for a release date, Bannerlord will be demoing at Gamescom 2019 where attendees will get hands-on for the first time. Due to limited time on the show floor, "it would be impossible for visitors to experience even a glimpse of what the sandbox has to offer." Instead, August's demo will feature its multiplayer Captain mode and 6v6 skirmishes. Although the singleplayer campaign won't be available to try, TaleWorlds assures fans that work leading up to the Gamescom demo brings the team "ever closer to the release of the game."
@Myrthos; Any chance you will be heading to Gamescom again this year to try Bannerlord demo out? ;)

I am going to Gamescom, but wan't planning on looking into Bannerlord.

It's only a 6v6 multiplayer thing, anyway. I think we can safely assume it will play exactly like Warband.

The game's been top of my wishlist for a long time but I'm starting to lose faith in it. With a this long in development they should have more to show. The recent updates are little nothings that I would take for granted and not exciting revelations.

You have games like Medieval Engineers where small teams have made a system to build your own castles but MNB2 won't allow building. They should be more aware of what gamers are into these days and have more survival, building and a battle royale mode instead of 6v6.

Personally, I would have liked a multiplayer mode where every castle is controlled by a real player and you have a war to take over the land that can last months. This would include offline automation of your defenses as you'd often be attacked while not online, but even if you lose your castle you can roam around as a bandit or join up with another king to be a soldier in his army and experience the final battle in person. The potential for the game was massive but I really don't think they're going to do anything special with it.

It does sound like the castles have more lively towns, more NPCs and you can design your own sword from a range of hilts and blades, but other than that I'm getting Duke Nukem Forever vibes. (ie. They have no publisher deadline so they're just fucking around and the sooner they release the game the sooner they have to start looking for a new job :p )

One cause of the delay probably is the awareness of what players want and especially do not want.

Players state they like a game when they actually adore 30pc and loathe a good 40 pc of it.

Developping a game is conflictual now.

M&B2 already is loaded with toxic features. Devs want to implement them, players do not like them. Devs must deliver bulletproof features or players make videos showing how glitchy the whole thing is etc

Castle building: they've been trying to emulate the relationship between strongholds and resources flow, which means stronger and weaker castles. It must be hand crafted.

War lasting months: players have a trouble with any committment that delays their dream of conquest, growing king of kings. They could not even bear a six month committment as a mercenary.

The MU will end parting players who are efficient at farming AI and those who are not. Screams ahead.

And their next job might be DLCs or even a M&B3.

M&B2 is conflictual, devs want to developp a game players loathe. Players, these days, that is domination and luxuriance. They have the same expectation toward any product. They like features that provide the feeling, hate on feature that negate.

Back
Top Bottom