Kingmaker - Hotfix 1.1.1c released - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Hotfix 1.1.1c released

Default Kingmaker - Hotfix 1.1.1c released

November 23rd, 2018, 18:56
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
I think his point was that he wants something like this without loading time.
Additionally you can only access it from the world map, not when exploring the maps themselves.
Correct! Quite often I simply want to have a very quick look, a reminder of how many days remain for advisor-tasks to be completed or just to know if a certain task ended in failure/success/triumph.

In other words, just a simple status update. So having to bring up the whole "Kingdom Interface" with attached loading time back & forth, when all I want to see, could (presumably) be displayed in some part of the "Main" game interface instead, is a bit frustrating.

It's annoying that the game mechanics can send you a notification that "something" has happened/changed in the kingdom interface but can't include a brief summary that lets you decide if you need to open up the "Kingdom Managment" screen or not.
Feist is offline

Feist

Feist's Avatar
Watchdog

#61

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 23rd, 2018, 23:26
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
It's working as intended now. People who played it earlier had an advantage, like @Maylander . I lost one even before this hot fix (damn you, Owlcats with your design decision!)
Aww, bugger! At least they fixed the rather annoying issue I had with the final fight. That certainly makes up for it, because that bug was terrible.
Maylander is offline

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#62

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen
Posts: 7,302
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

Default 

November 24th, 2018, 06:38
Well Owlcat wants you to vote.




Now go vote Pathfinders- https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pat…34531661345148
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Lazy Layabout

#63

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 21,490
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Default 

November 24th, 2018, 06:56
Nah, "Labour of Love" award goes to Stardew Valley. Kingmaker gets "Game of the Year" award vote
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#64

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,675
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

Default 

November 24th, 2018, 07:02
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Nah, "Labour of Love" award goes to Stardew Valley. Kingmaker gets "Game of the Year" award vote
Not on steam it doesn't.

As for me it's a tough call this year.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Valkyria Chronicles 4
The Banner Saga 3
Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Lazy Layabout

#65

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 21,490
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 24th, 2018, 11:31
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Nah, "Labour of Love" award goes to Stardew Valley. Kingmaker gets "Game of the Year" award vote
I gave it GotY as well.

I gave the "Labour of Love" to Beamdog. I think I did the same thing last year as well, it just seems to me that they are overqualified for that one. Considering that they are now constantly improving/upgrading NWN and they will soon release the 2.6 patch for the BG games. & IWD.
Feist is offline

Feist

Feist's Avatar
Watchdog

#66

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 24th, 2018, 12:26
Pathfinder is GOTY for me with strong potential to become legendary
Andrew23 is offline

Andrew23

Andrew23's Avatar
Sentinel

#67

Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Post 

November 25th, 2018, 06:56
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
True enough. But, overall, I think we need to seriously reconsider how we rate entertainment in the future.

Well, if we actually care about what other people think.

For my part, I've never actually used reviews much as fuel for my decisions. I mostly read them for entertainment and to see what other people think. I rarely get swayed.

I do sometimes worry because I know suits like to reward high scores - and some games deserve much more than they get, and same is true in reverse.
I disagree with you. I think that Steam rating system is pretty good and better than GOG's or Metacritic. The thing is that these "five-stars" rating systems are not really representative of users' opinions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these "five-star" ratings use the mean of users' score to calculate THE score of the game. Given that these rating systems are some kind of a Likert Type scale, usually, the mean is not a good estimate to use in such situations. Imagine that a lot of people think that the game is mediocre, giving it a 3/4, and on the other hand a few fanboys give the game 5/5. The mean score will probably be more than 4.0. That's not very representative of a mediocre game don't you think?

I think that Steam scores are way more enlightening than GOG's. In GOG's website, almost every game has a score between 3~5. It's very hard to tell if the game is good or not. But don't be mistaken, Steam score is not simply the proportion of likes and dislikes, they have a pretty complicated math underneath the hood.

But yes, I think that PF:K has an unfair score on Steam. However, I don't think it is a rating system problem. I think that it is a user problem. At the beginning, a lot of users were giving the thumbs down because the game was ~~~ too difficulty ¬¬. They didn't even got to the bugs of the game and were given the thumbs down. And I bet that those same users were giving 0/10 on Metacritic to the game, to drop its score. And now many overlook the positives of the game due to the numerous bugs, and give the game the thumbs down. So that's how people usually works, for better or worse…
gabrielarantest is offline

gabrielarantest

gabrielarantest's Avatar
Stubborn Dwarf
RPGWatch Donor

#68

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

November 25th, 2018, 07:51
steam reviews are good for punishing devs who try to rape us with their SJW agendas.
aweigh is offline

aweigh

Watcher

#69

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

November 25th, 2018, 12:04
Originally Posted by aweigh View Post
steam reviews are good for punishing devs who try to rape us with their SJW agendas.
And you use the review system to complain because they try or because they do not succeed?
ChatMiauleur is offline

ChatMiauleur

Sentinel

#70

Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

November 25th, 2018, 13:18
What is SJW ? I only know Star Wars.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#71

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 18,853
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default 

November 25th, 2018, 15:05
Don't ask, don't google. Just ignore it.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: -
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#72

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,348
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Default 

November 25th, 2018, 15:52
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
What is SJW ? I only know Star Wars.
I'll give you the PG rated meaning.
Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Lazy Layabout

#73

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 21,490
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Default 

November 25th, 2018, 16:00
The problem with SJW (or most) label is it can be misapplied or applied without granularity restriction. If you have a game that attempts to present moral choices the very fact that it has to define morals make it a target of a label of some sort regardless if the granularity (moderation) of the choices. Further the label is applied from a perspective of the person who applies the label (seems obvious but different people have different norms). This creates an issue esp when people jump on the label bandwagon because frequently they respond to the label applied with someone else values without complete understanding of why or how the label was applied. While there can be some justification for applying the label they are frequently inflammatory in nature (for the reason described above) and therefore best ignored.
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#74

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 7,400
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Default 

November 25th, 2018, 23:44
Don't deny that label can used wrongly, but I do know what a real SJW is thanks to Twitter. Just love reading their replies & rally's to fire people, and ban YouTubers.

Worst of the lot are comic artists, writers, game journalists, and most of Hollywood.

Still I'm getting of track here as were talking about Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by
lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ― Robert Heinlein
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Lazy Layabout

#75

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 21,490
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Default 

November 26th, 2018, 00:30
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I'll give you the PG rated meaning.
Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics.
No. It's a form of trolling with a determined concept of never being funny while tending to be highly annoying and when possible ganging up forming an online lynch mob.

Recently the trolling in some cases turned into a modern day witch hunt. So far noone was burned at stake, only some jobs were lost, but you just wait tille someone loses their head.

Is there a way to stop it? Absolutely. Hating platforms need to get banned. What are hating platforms? All social networks.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#76

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,446
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)

Default 

November 26th, 2018, 15:10
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
What is SJW ? I only know Star Wars.
Lol, I've never looked it up myself for an "official definition". However, what I've gleaned from discussions make it sound like: It's a person who uses all & any to them available platforms (discussion, music, film, games, whatever) to spread some kind of "Political Propaganda".

The difference between such a person and a "normal" person is a matter of intent. Political, philosophical or religious views obviously has an influence on everyone and on whatever they work with as well. However, in the case of an "SJW" it's far from something subconsious that works an indirect influence. No, it's done fully on purpose with the intention to function as "propaganda" for (or against) something in real life.

Well…that's what I've assumed that the whole "hoopla" was all about anyway.
Feist is offline

Feist

Feist's Avatar
Watchdog

#77

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

November 26th, 2018, 17:01
Originally Posted by Feist View Post
Lol, I've never looked it up myself for an "official definition". However, what I've gleaned from discussions make it sound like: It's a person who uses all & any to them available platforms (discussion, music, film, games, whatever) to spread some kind of "Political Propaganda".

The difference between such a person and a "normal" person is a matter of intent. Political, philosophical or religious views obviously has an influence on everyone and on whatever they work with as well. However, in the case of an "SJW" it's far from something subconsious that works an indirect influence. No, it's done fully on purpose with the intention to function as "propaganda" for (or against) something in real life.

Well?that's what I've assumed that the whole "hoopla" was all about anyway.
Not "some kind", SJW is a term for those that spread the "left" political propaganda, at least in the way that USA defines left.
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#78

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,776
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

November 26th, 2018, 17:06
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Not "some kind", SJW is a term for those that spread the "left" political propaganda, at least in the way that USA defines left.
Oh, okay! I though it was just "anything political" connected to something in real life, I didn't know it had something to do with left/right political division.
Feist is offline

Feist

Feist's Avatar
Watchdog

#79

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Hotfix 1.1.1c released
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:11.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch