Age of Fear 3: Legends - Gameplay Footage

It is just me or there is a guy with a shotgun in the video above ? Isn't this game a medieval fantasy-themed one ?

PS: Until few weeks ago I didn't even know about this series. And they're already making the third game. :)

I got the second one as part of a bundle, but haven't tried it yet. User reviews on steam are very positive and they still update it regularly.

It is just me or there is a guy with a shotgun in the video above ? Isn't this game a medieval fantasy-themed one)

I believe in the fantasy setting shotguns are called boomsticks.

It is just me or there is a guy with a shotgun in the video above ? Isn't this game a medieval fantasy-themed one ?

In our reality, gunpowder handled weapons (starting with the hand-cannon) spread everywhere in Europe in the 1300s in the Medieval Ages (aka Middle Ages) coming from Asia where they appeared centuries earlier.

I'm not sure why medieval fantasy settings aren't making more use of them personally.

I believe only the dwarf faction has "boomsticks". I've played both AoF 1 and 2 and I think I got to fight against a couple of them in AoF2 but I could be mistaken.

I enjoyed both games and plan on picking up part 3 when it releases. I would recommend it to anyone who like turn based combat with armies that evolve as the game progresses via experience points earned (xp buys upgrades). The graphics and story are fairly basic however.

Played Chapter 1 and planning to play 2 and 3. Good honest turn based strategy game.

@Carnifex>> I reviewed the first game in this series eons ago for the French magazine Cyberstratège. It was a decent strategy game with light rpg elements. I know they kept on refining the gameplay but I haven't followed the development process so i must admit I can't recommend this iteration with confidence. To give you an idea about the gameplay it's very similar to a more recent game from Matrix games called Drums of War but referring to my past experience with the first AoF I must admit the Matrix take on the same genre was way more convincing and satisfying to me. AoF had very basic mechanisms and was very frustrating at times because of its limitations in the tactical department. To be more explicit, as I guess you've never heard about Drums of War either… I would compare it roughly to the tactical module from Baldur's Gate where you'd move your pawns with action points on a hex based map. You can find many gameplay footages of AoF and Drums of War on YT though, so I'd recommend you have a look there ;)

Back
Top Bottom