Fallout 4 - Nuka World Last DLC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GameRant Fallout 4's last DLC will be 'Nuka World' according to Pete Hines.

Bethesda Game Studios officially declares that Fallout 4‘s forthcoming Nuka World DLC is the last expansion pack set to release for the post-apocalyptic RPG.

Typically, Bethesda is known for providing lengthy support for its releases post-launch with additional content, and as many fans of the studio will probably attest, Fallout 4 is no different when it comes to the company's practice of extending its titles' lives. Nevertheless, it seems as if the gravy train of add-ons and expansions for the post-apocalyptic RPG will soon be making its last stop once the game's Nuka World DLC arrives in August, as Bethesda's Vice President of PR and Marketing, Pete Hines, has declared it to be the "last one."
[...]

Of course, Fallout 4 fans aren't being left in the lurch entirely, as Bethesda will surely provide updates and bug fixes for the title well after Nuka World officially goes on sale. Not to mention, per the expansion's description, it seems as if the studio is sending the game off with a bang, as it will allow the Sole Survivor to become a Raider in an amusement park with fresh areas like "Safari Adventure, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom, and the Galactic Zone." Plus, as is to be expected, Nuka World is going to provide fresh content like "new quests, Raiders, weapons, creatures, and more."
More information.

Typically, Bethesda is known for providing lengthy support for its releases post-launch with additional content
My english sucks so will someone please explain this to me?
For all I know Bethesda's support ceases to exist postrelease, all they do is fixing a few rare bugs (and introduce backward flaying dragons).
Additional content is hardly suporrt, it's milking.
Or I don't know what the word support means.

Support for instance means that supplier creates a patch if needed in case Microsoft decides to update DirectX or any other OS component that can lead to a problem with game.

For all I know Bethesda's support ceases to exist postrelease, all they do is fixing a few rare bugs (and introduce backward flaying dragons).

What they're trying to say is that Bethesda is generous enough to allow player community to add patches to/fix their games. ;)
Eh, jokes aside, Bethesda's reputation has taken a few hits lately and this better had more "meat" to it, if they want to leave a more a positive impression here.
Far Harbor was decent, but the rest unsubstantial. For 50$, way overpriced.

No comment about ~6-7 months not being lengthy for game support? I'm disappointed joxer.

My english sucks so will someone please explain this to me? For all I know Bethesda's support ceases to exist postrelease, all they do is fixing a few rare bugs (and introduce backward flaying dragons).

That statement struck me odd as well. Bethesda has always behaved unusually restrained providing post-release patches compared to other companies making similar games.

That statement struck me odd as well. Bethesda has always behaved unusually restrained providing post-release patches compared to other companies making similar games.

I think calling it "restrained" is giving them far more credit than they deserve. :)

Typically, Bethesda is known for providing lengthy support for its releases post-launch with additional content

Guys, he's simply talking about DLC content. By "support" he means DLC. This is how the corporate game world speaks of support: DLC you can buy.

Fallout 3 had 5 DLCs, released between January and August.

Fallout 4 will have 6 DLCs, released between March and August.

So it's much the same, although Fallout 4's DLCs are mostly quick, money grabs compared to Fallout 3's actual story DLCs.

Anyway, Bethesda is a greedy, oppressive publisher, so it's no wonder they doubled the price of the season pass to only deliver roughly the same or less content than their prior games.

I think I'm done giving money to Bethesda. I'm tired of their corporate lies and greed.

I think calling it "restrained" is giving them far more credit than they deserve. :)

Well I thought about it and I'd like to replace the word, 'restrained' with 'constipated.' Hope you like it better. :p

I would call Bethesda's support begrudging at best. They really do expect the modding community to fix the bugs left behind. The best of the modders are better than the programmers at Bethesda, so it works out :D

Even though I like the company, I feel they get more out of touch with their player base with every new game. Morrowind was wonderful and the devs actively sought the community's input as they built the game. On Dalnet there was a #morrowind channel and the devs were in there nightly.

Oblivion still had some contact but it was much less. By the time Skyrim came out, Bethesda was pretty hands off with the community and it showed. It was a good game, but there were things in it that would have been changed if the community was still active. Paarthurnax just being killed off and the very minimalistic approach to Civil War being two of those.

Will this mod let me nuke a world?

Pretty sure Preston would survive the explosion. :p
Thought the whole thing of Bethesda placing a theme park in one of their games is pretty damn funny.

Back
Top Bottom