Kalypso Media - Buys Commandos Rights

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Kalypso Media has bought the rights to the Commandos games originally made by Pyro.

Kalypso Media has announced that it has secured all rights to the highly-acclaimed fan-favourite gaming IP, Commandos. Commandos is a stealth-oriented real-time tactics game series set in World War 2, and Kalypso will re-release some older games to current-gen platforms and will start working on a brand new title.

[...]
More information.

I remember playing a game called Commando on a arcade machine? Though I'm probably wrong and this a game with a similar name, but has nothing to do with what I said.

Yep finished the article nothing to do with my nostalgia.:disappointed:

Update: This comment says it all from the linked site.
So they're gonna take some of the most complex mouse and keyboard games ever made and bastardise them for consoles and controllers and call them remakes. And then theyre gonna make a new game. For all platforms.

I remember playing a game called Commando on a arcade machine? Though I'm probably wrong and this a game with a similar name, but has nothing to do with what I said.

It's not the Commando arcade game, CouchPotato. The Commando game you speak about is more like an action game, from Rambo times. Yes, I played it too :)

In the Commandos games (from Pyro), you lead a squad of men doing infiltration missions in the World War II setting, where each commando has unique abilities.

It's not the Commando arcade game, CouchPotato. The Commando game you speak about is more like an action game, from Rambo times. Yes, I played it too :)

In the Commandos games (from Pyro), you lead a squad of men doing infiltration missions in the World War II setting, where each commando has unique abilities.
Yeah figured that out after reading the link, but I have so many fond memories of my local pizza joint playing that game in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

13221301.jpg

Yes, that one!

I'm pretty sure I can hear its MIDI music playing here, next to my ears :)

Yes, that one!

I'm pretty sure I can hear its MIDI music playing here, next to my ears :)
Yep and another game I played a lot was called contra at that time period.

Fuck yeah, would totally replay the old ones with higher resolution and stuff

Guys,

The thread IS NOT about the old C64/Arcade Commando game. It is about the Commandos series from 1998 to 2006, please see link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandos_(series)

The thread quickly derailed to Commando arcade/C64 game, but now I'm putting it on the right track :)

The thread IS NOT about the old C64/Arcade Commando game. It is about the Commandos series from 1998 to 2006,
The thread quickly derailed to Commando arcade/C64 game, but now I'm putting it on the right track :)

Maybe Kalypso will buy rights for Commando too (and hire Arnold for voice overs) so we are actually on track, just ahead of time. :)

BTW: that C64 music is better than arcade version.

Slap 'em back into line, henriquejr!

Anyone ever play Heavy Barrel? Similar format. That game was nuts.

Kalypso do not have the funds to release proper products, they get closer and closer to the crowdfunded scene in this regard.

Products are released at 50/60 pc completion stages.

dont trust the devs, but hope its for the good

C64 didn't use MIDI music :)

Anyway, I love Commandos - especially the second one. If they keep the coop multiplayer, this could be neat.

Back
Top Bottom