Prey - Mooncrash DLC Review

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamingbolt reviewed the Mooncrash DLC for Prey and have a favourable impression.

It’s important to note that Mooncrash for PS4 and Xbox One is not standalone content, so in order to play it you must own a physical or digital copy of Prey. And if you haven’t played it yet, you’re missing out on a lot. The game doesn’t have much for tutorials. It will assume that you’ve played the main game and expects you to understand the basics of the controls as you move forward. So, keep that in mind if you decide to buy this without having played the main game. Also, Mooncrash is really a continuation of the Prey game shortly thereafter, and you will see some characters from the main story within it. So, yes, you need to play the base game till the end before you begin the DLC.

[...]
More information.

I thought the original game was great, probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite game of 2017 (after D:OS2 and maybe Torment) but this DLC holds exactly zero appeal. Its gameplay is too different from the original to appeal to the same crowd who bought the original. A rather strange design choice.

I thought the original game was great, probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite game of 2017 (after D:OS2 and maybe Torment) but this DLC holds exactly zero appeal. Its gameplay is too different from the original to appeal to the same crowd who bought the original. A rather strange design choice.
Yeah but call me back when the true sequel ever gets released.

Instead we got Dishonored in Space.:biggrin:

Mis-reading : "Mooncash".

Back
Top Bottom