I need a laptop, but not for gaming.

Pretty decent area. That's about an hour drive from where I live. :)

You probably made the right decision though. Florida can be somewhat expensive for tourists and is a little overpriced Imo.

It's on the pricier side, but I'd have a look at the Samsung Book 9 Pro.

If you want powerful, large screen, and lightweight, I think you'll be looking at the pricier machines - better prices are probably going to compromise on at least one of those elements.

That seems a tad overpriced considering it only comes with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB HD. I'm looking for something in the $600-$800 range.

*Edit* I just noticed that's a SSD in that model. Makes more sense now. :)

If its for business, I wouldn't buy a laptop at all and instead get Surface Pro 4! Its pricey but once you get used how light it is, you will never go back. Of course it may not be subtitle for you since its only 12.3 inch...

I partially agree with the Surface Pro 4, and also think you should look at the Dell XPS 13. Yeah these are smaller screens, but especially the Dell has a great size to performance/price ratio (I think the whole Surface line is overpriced ... And I buy Apple stuff!).

I think getting the most recent Intel processor (is it Skylake right now?) should be the goal - you get better performance, better graphics, better power management and battery life. IMO touch screen on a laptop is a waste of time, even as a tablet user!

What are you getting your laptop for? I just bought a Acer for school

Or ASUS X550ZA-WB11
AMD A10-7400P 2.5 GHz Processor
8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
1TB HDD Storage; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
15.6 inches 1366*768 pixels LED-lit Screen
Windows 8.1

For business, you can't go wrong with a Lenovo T series. Being in IT for years now, it's the only business laptop I'd recommend. You can get them used for pennies, they're relatively unbreakable with their milspec build, and even something like an older T410 is still a fast beast when there's an SSD in it. Drivers-wise they're some of the first to get updates, and those threads with posts on Windows 10 woes? Not a lot of Lenovo owners there.

We just finished doing our asset recovery at work and cycled our laptops. We sell off the old stock to employees who want them for personal use. Lenovo T420s for $150 (with i7s, 8gb RAM, 160gb SSDs, Bluetooth, card reader, etc). This is a large accounting company where we have about 5000. Before this I worked for the City where again using lenovos for police, fire, construction, engineers, and many civil, then before that many in various large hospitals across the province (if you see a Lenovo in Calgary, I probably touched it at one point in time or another). All this laptops get cycled and sold off for cheap. Because the business side is so saturated with them you can get them used for a couple hundred, and even out of warranty it will most likely last you for years. If you happen to find an inexpensive T430/T430s you get the added benefit of being able to do some gaming on it. Whatever you decide though, regardless of the brand, get an SSD in it.

Yeah, if you're not too worried about the design, then pretty much any laptop from the last five years with an SSD should be snappy for simple work purposes. Thinkpads are probably the choice for reliability.

While curious generally for 2in1 (not for myself), that particular model seems to be USA exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom