Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Patch 2.5 Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Beamblog announces that Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition has been patched to version 2.5.

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 2.5 Patch

The 2.5 update for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is finally here!
We've made over 500 fixes and features throughout the 2.5 Infinity Engine updates and now this much-anticipated update for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Beamdog, Steam, GoG, Google Play, and the App Store!
Stay tuned for more information about the Mac App Store release.
If you don't see the BGII:EE 2.5 update, please be patient as some platforms are slower to update than others.
New Localization:

• Simplified Chinese

• Korean

• Russian

• Polish

New V/O:

• German

• Italian

• Polish

Top features:

• Road to 2.0 community portraits added
  • Tablet dialogue buttons added
  • Added the Priest of Tempus kit
  • "Take All" button added to containers
  • Improved multiplayer stability
  • Hexxat is now able to survive the final Throne of Bhaal encounter
  • Importing a ranger allows the selection of a Racial Enemy
  • Tenser's Transformation no longer disables innate spells
There is now an OHFIXTTYR player AI script that can be used by players to fix their existing BG:EE/SoD Priest of Tyr characters to the new kit value. Existing priests of Tyr can continue through the game without issue; when they're ready to export their character they can simply assign this script and press 'D'. A 'Priest of Tyr' bit of floating text should pop up and they'll be granted some special abilities (Chaos of Battle and Holy Power).
Unfortunately, it's not a 'clean' fix. Despite being the correct kit value, their class in BG:EE/SoD will be listed as 'cleric' instead of 'Priest of Tyr', hence why we recommend doing this only before export.
Occasionally updates can take a while to distribute, especially on Google Play and the App Store. We appreciate your patience as the update populates throughout.
Watch out for more news on our social channels about 2.5 updates to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear.
Here's the full list of bug fixes and features (please, note that this list does not cover the general Infinity Engine tickets, these will be published when the 2.5 patch series is completed)!
Localization

• [German] Sounds and movies from vanilla BG2 should not be missing (10731)
  • [German] Irenicus's opening voice-over should not be incomplete (36796)
  • Include Italian VO (35459)
  • [Italian] Certain audio tracks should not mismatch their text or be missing (37746)
  • Include Polish text & VO (35457)
  • BG2 Russian Language in 2.5 (31221)
  • Include Korean text (35458)
  • Include Simplified Chinese text (35473)
Features

• Allow players to use the Priest of Tempus kit (34940)
  • Add "Take All" button to containers (29868)
  • Bring over PST dialogue selection button (34131)
  • Restore several party banters (32059)
  • Make 3 new portraits from "The Road to v2.0 Reward" official to the base game of BG2:EE (31485)
  • All language names should be displayed alphabetically in English (12399)
  • Support iOS 11 In app purchase (32122)
  • Priests of Tempus should get a holy symbol at level 25 (35225)
  • The game should not have two different Stoneskin scrolls in the same store (3209)
  • Make Cromwell's forging cutscene skippable (31637)
  • Cutscenes should consistently restore UI elements (37671)
  • Branding - Replace old sword and shield logo (31722)
  • Check dmgtypes.2da in bg2ee (33023)
  • Saemon should have a better reply in Spellhold (33985)
  • Aran should have an additional line about Bodhi (33984)
  • Prophet should actually answer your question (33929)
  • Militia Captain should have more exposition (33892)
  • Cernd should respond to Jaheira's interjection (33890)
  • Mazzy should have more exposition if help refused the first time (33887)
[...]
More information.

Well, I have to admit they've been really generous with their support of these EEs.

What's that hack that lets you play all 3 (bg 1 ee, dragon, bg 2 ee as one large game ?)

Tried it. Install was busy with all the "best" mods needing to be compatible. Turned out to be a giant install, but unfortunately fell short somehow. Maybe the engine didn't age too well and I got used to super-excellent turn-based games like Blackguards 1-2, dunno. Played until the ogre mage massacred my party, then lost interest & lost the HDD it was installed on. Never tried to go back. I doubt this EE + updates are worth the bother :-/, especially after winning Slay the Spire and Battle Brothers couple times.. and now going through the super-fast amazing mod-enhanced Prepare to Die edition of Dark Souls.

Great that if finally arrived! I played through "IWD: EE" using the beta-patch but I was determined to wait for the release of the final version of 2.5 in the case of BG2. Now I just need enough days of moderate indoor temperature to finish PoE2 and I´ll get right on it.

What an obvious cash grab. I mean come on, releasing patches long after the release of a title. Sheesh, Beamdog, you guys are so lazy, you suck, lift your game, do something original, etc etc etc.

:rolleyes:

I think I've played BG2 enough now. Hopefully they'll branch off from EE's and give us a new game.

I'd also prefer they create something original. I don't have a problem with remasters, but you should either go big or go home. Their remasters are essentially glorified mod packs.

I'd also prefer they create something original. I don't have a problem with remasters, but you should either go big or go home. Their remasters are essentially glorified mod packs.
They were supposed to have a few EX-Bioware developers working on a new original game, but it looks like it might not happen as a few of them left the company.

Excuse the codex link but it has the details.

Link - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/david-gaider-leaves-beamdog.120360/

The lack of any announcement or updates about that game are worrying also.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm disappointed David Gaider left. I was looking forward to seeing what he did at a studio like Beamdog where he'd presumably have a bit more creative freedom than a behemoth like Bioware.

I'm not giving up on a new single player game yet though. This is from a post from their community rep at the Baldurs Gate Steam forum:

Beamdog are going to do a panel at PAX West (August 31 - September 3, 2018) and preparing to make a wide variety of announcements there! Phil says some of them might be “outside of our usual playbox”.

Clearly that could mean anything - but I'm optimistically hoping it means something new and not an enhanced edition. Fingers crossed for a new D&D RPG (hey, I can dream, right? ;))

Back
Top Bottom