Risen Bow & Crossbow skills not working?

Darth_Pete

Watcher
I clocked the reload times from both with skill level 1 and skill level 5 and they are exactly same. The damage did not change either but that isn't suppose to change acording to the skill info.

Dexterity adds damage and seems to work as it should.

I tested this with crossbow and found the same thing to be true for level 1 through 5. No discernable increase in reload time or any kind of speed, really.

As a result, I focused on melee entirely, and I find the crossbow skill all but useless.

I have to agree. I have level 7 Crossbow on my latest character (almost completed it) just to try it out (after maxing melee), and it's.. well, it's rubbish. You have to back away for miles to take care of a relatively tough pack unless you place yourself in a position where they can't reach you.

Spells also get the same kind of speed increase - 10% per level, but I actually notice the spell re-cast time decrease. I have not noticed that for the Crossbow.

PS. I have yet to try Bows.

I wonder if it does like the crystals. 1-5 are the same reload speed, 6 decreases the reload speed.

I wonder if it does like the crystals. 1-5 are the same reload speed, 6 decreases the reload speed.

Nope. I did more quests to get more gold and now tested it with bow up to level 7 and still no change in ANYTHING.

I agree - I was depressed about the crystal magic until I got higher powers ...

OK. I just got bow level 10 and I can confirm that at least at THIS level, reloading and firing the bow seems to be 2x as fast (verifying the 100% increase). However, I could not "feel" that increase at any of the lower levels. I dunno, maybe 6-9 was faster too. All I know is that the speedup is blatantly obvious at level 10.

Hmmm.. I wonder if they are truncating non-integer results by accident. It does seem suspicious that the only increase that *seems* to work is the final one which is a whole number multiplier.

This time I used the "cheats" to test out the skill and it seems that the level 10 works as it should and even the headshot feature works when you have your skill level at 10 but every level below that has no effect on the bow/xbow.

This time I used the "cheats" to test out the skill and it seems that the level 10 works as it should and even the headshot feature works when you have your skill level at 10 but every level below that has no effect on the bow/xbow.

Headshot feature?

I read on WoR that at least one staff level is nonfuntional. Level 7 I think.

Headshot feature?

I just learned about it today when testing the level 10 Bow skill.

Headshot does alot more damage. This should probably be there at the start but it's not working. With skill level 10 it seems to work like the reloading.

There is nothing about it in the manual but then again there isn't much about anything in the manual ;)

Anyone know if there's going to be a fix/patch for this. I'm itching to start playing my "ranger" character again.

Anyone know who trains Archery to level 10 and if it's chapter restricted? I'd like to get it as soon as possible since it only works right at level 10 :(

Anyone know who trains Archery to level 10 and if it's chapter restricted? I'd like to get it as soon as possible since it only works right at level 10 :(

I know Sam in the Bandit camp trains archery to 10. However, I don't know if it is Chapter limited or not, because I didn't get my level 10 until Chapter 3.

I know Sam in the Bandit camp trains archery to 10. However, I don't know if it is Chapter limited or not, because I didn't get my level 10 until Chapter 3.

Thanks for the info. It seems to be Chapter locked since I'm in C2 and Sam doesn't teach anything.

It doesn't get faster? Does the damage increase properly though? I'm just starting a more or less pure mage and this would be a stopper.

Yes the damage should go up pretty nicely and at level 10 you will be pretty much unstoppable.

Back
Top Bottom